Page 42 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Default Re: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I completely agree with your statements here, Fp. Forgiveness? Never!

As far as Randy and Bernie, and especially Bernie, I wish they could have been included, but I imagine that Don and Glenn felt they shouldn't be if they couldn't include Felder.
    Every Eagle deserves this award. Without Don F no Hotel California.

Saying a member doesn't deserve this award is utterly harsh.

Freypower I agree with Villiage Girl. Can you please not be so harsh on other people's opinions.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Every Eagle deserves this award. Without Don F no Hotel California.

Saying a member doesn't deserve this award is utterly harsh.

Freypower I agree with Villiage Girl. Can you please not be so harsh on other people's opinions.
    travlnman, if Felder had done to you what he did to Don and Glenn, would you sit next to him? Anywhere? I don't blame them one bit for leaving him out.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    travlnman, if Felder had done to you what he did to Don and Glenn, would you sit next to him? Anywhere? I don't blame them one bit for leaving him out.
    If Axl Rose,Slash,Duff Mckagan and Steven Adler can share the same stage without killing eachother then I think Henley should get down to the heart of the matter and sit next to Felder for one night. Every Eagle put in their blood sweet and tears into bringing the band to what it is. They all should be rewarded. The fact is "None of the Eagles could have made it without the other guys."

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    No, not now more than ever. This is not an award for music; it is an award for cultural significance over the decades since the 70s. Like it or not, it was the last four members of the band who remained the most active & had the most impact for those decades. If you consider that Felder, who drove the band to fire him, sued them, wrote a nasty book & has done nothing but snipe at them ever since, including about the tribute to Glenn & now about this, deserves such a prestigious award, I'm afraid I must disagree. There are wider issues than 'he co-wrote Hotel California'. Henley doesn't want him there & I would imagine that for the Frey family the sight of him would be unbearable.

'Forgiveness'? Not right now.
    This is a matter of one person's opinion, stated as if it were fact.

It's unclear how Felder drove the band to fire him. I suppose if you were partners in a company and everybody is supposed to get equal pay and then your check is $500 one week and the other partners are making $$1,000 each week and they won't let you in on the finances and you complain and they fire you...then that's your fault.

The perspective of the reader determines how his book is critiqued. Many have found it to be a pretty accurate picture of life in the Eagles. Some within the inner circle have corroborated Felder's story and Don and Glenn have done nothing to dispute anything in his book. It's an autobiography of his life before and during and after the Eagles. It's by no means dirty, and I'm sure he and any of the others could write dirty based on their road experiences. Any comments that he makes now are not snipes, but are usually comments about Glen or Don.'s talents. It's no secret that he would like to put a closure on these bad feelings, meet & shake hands and he is ready to do so, (he was screwed and treated badly too And appears to have forgiven ) but the others are not open to that. I get the idea he would love to play with Joe, he has said so on Twitter, but he would love to move past the bad feelings with all.

Don Henley has sued numerous people in past years including David Geffen twice. When Irving though he had a reunion in the works and everybody showed up to practice except Glen, Glen threatened to sue the other Eagles if they went on to perform as a reunion group without him. Don has said that Glen would say, we'll meet every year in January and decide if we want to tour, then Don said that meant, Glen would decide if he wanted to tour. They all could be difficult.

I don't understand the venom on here by a few supposed Eagle fans against Don Felder. I thought this was an Eagles sight, not an Eagles, except we hate Don Felder, site. Either you like the Eagles or you don't. Sure, you can have your favorites, but they all contributed to the Eagle music we love. Who knows what this band would have been if any of them had not been a part of it for however long...and Felder was in the band from 1974 till 2001.

When we crap repeatedly on certain member(s) of the band, when you take a stance like you know all the facts and were actually traveling with the band to see it all, it doesn't seem right. Probably a lot of people on here have a viewpoint or take a side on the Felder dismissal/lawsuit/book, but to continue to bash him this many years later seems like too much. It also feels uncomfortable to those who are Felder supporters.

I just think there is so much that is great about all these guys. It would be fun if we all on here chose to celebrate that. I feel the same way about all the Eagles...wish they would all be mature enough to set aside one night just to celebrate what was great about ALL the guys and their music!
    Last edited by Eagles7; 09-20-2016 at 05:04 PM.

Border Desperado

I think Eagles 7 recent post was perfect. Thanks for the backup guys, LOL.

Travlynman does make a good point about GnR's managing to suck it up a night for a ceremony.

I look at the pictures of the original 4 out in the desert by the Joshua tree, high on Peyote, so young, and having no clue what awesome music they were going to create, which would be the basis for what we know as the Eagles.

Now only Don Henley and Cindy Frey on behalf of her late husband(out of that group) get to be honoured?

I feel that now, if any, would be the perfect time for forgiveness. But that is just my opinion.

Israel and Palestine will come to an agreement before any of us Eagles fans do

I actually don't mind having disagreements/ debating things if it can be done in a courteous manner. It's when it becomes condescending and rude that it's unacceptable. I'm 44. I left the bully in the sandbox 39 years ago!

Border Desperado

Eagles7, I was referring in my previous post to your post from 10:49AM, but your most recent post is fantastic. It has been what's on my mind, but I never had the guts to say it.
    So, thank you.

Axl Rose once said Not In This Liftime. When referring to a reunion with Slash.

Well that's the name of the new tour.

We are here for one thing only. To celebrate the 7 musicians that were the Eagles.

Border Desperado

Beautifully worded.

Border Desperado

Thank you VillageGirl for being so kind to say that. I am happy if I was able to put together some words that resonate with others.

Stuck on the Border

What I hate about this is that it's being used as an excuse to go over the same old ground rather than looking forward to what is an honour for the BAND regardless of who actually gets to sit on the balcony.

There are already several long threads where disputes between Henley-Frey and Felder are discussed with good reasons being given on all sides. But none of us were there. It's not our fight and there's no point getting upset about it.