Page 33 of 86 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Thread: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Default Re: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Do we know who decides who will do the tribute to the Eagles?...Do the guys pick someone or do the KCH people decide..and what songs will be performed?

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    I'm sure the Kennedy Center is deferring to Don Henley as far as which band members will be honored. If he wanted Felder and Bernie and Randy, they'd be acknowledged. He doesn't want them as part of it. He could very easily have included them.
    Well, I don't want to assume anything on Don's behalf. The statement the band issued said nothing like that.

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    Do we know who decides who will do the tribute to the Eagles?...Do the guys pick someone or do the KCH people decide..and what songs will be performed?
    The KCH committee picks the people who will pay tribute to them. I'm guessing the guest performers will pick the song they want to sing. It suppose to be a secret, but I remembered in an interview Don did last year and said usually it suppose to be a secret, but sometimes the honorees help them out. But it suppose to be a surprised.

In the Studio 10 interview, he kinda talks about the process. Start at 32:56.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS3yZFuF7NU[/ame]

I always wonder how they pick the people. Like I said earlier. When I watch every year, I'm surprised at who they pick to pay tribute to different honorees. Some of them are their friends, some of them they played on each other records, some of them starred in a movie together. I always wonder.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 06-24-2016 at 09:47 AM.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    It seems to me that the honorees are surprised by who performs, but not sure about who speaks.

I'm so glad to finally hear that they will be included this year and it's very fitting that Cindy will take Glenn's place.

As far as all former members being included, I can see both sides. I agree that the former members that were with the band during their heyday and played on all the biggest songs should have been included. I can also not see the current lineup sitting with Felder in the balcony! It's not going to change anything to argue about it. The powers that be, whoever that is, have made the decision.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

How about Felder sits in the audience wearing a disguse? I think it should be Tim,Joe,Don and Cindy in the Balcony and Felder,Bernie and Randy in th audience. Randy said in a NY times interview that he was looking forward to go to the KCH when he was interviews about Glenn's passing

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I'm so glad to finally hear that they will be included this year and it's very fitting that Cindy will take Glenn's place.

As far as all former members being included, I can see both sides. I agree that the former members that were with the band during their heyday and played on all the biggest songs should have been included. I can also not see the current lineup sitting with Felder in the balcony! It's not going to change anything to argue about it. The powers that be, whoever that is, have made the decision.
    I agree with all of this.

I'm also getting tired of the endless arguments about something outside of our control and influence.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles7 View Post
    Well, I don't want to assume anything on Don's behalf. The statement the band issued said nothing like that.
    Exactly! Why is Don always the 'bad cop'? The committee obviously know the history like we all do - they just had to watch the doc! They knew Don and Glenn wouldn't accept the award if Felder was included because of past history - whoever was at fault. And now that Glenn is gone there was an even lesser chance of Don accepting Felder out of respect for Glenn
    I agree that it's a pity the original members Bernie and Randy couldn't be involved but that would have made Felder's absence more telling. That is why they emphasised 'current' members.

I don't see the point of harking on about it. I guess Felder fans view Don as their nemesis but they just need to 'get over it'. Over here in Europe the KCH is not well known so the whole argument is getting a bit stale.
    Last edited by DivineDon; 06-25-2016 at 04:52 AM.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Banned

It would be a great gesture to invite Randy after the awful events he's recently had to endure. Bernie too, after spending the last few years touring with the band. Wouldn't be right though, having them sitting with the general admissions and it would put the focus on Felder's absence.

I dunno what would make an ideal final act for the band but I hope it's something involving the fans rather than the receipt of this honor.

Stuck on the Border

Where do the families and friends of those being honoured sit? It wouldn't surprise me if Bernie, JD and maybe Randy would be invited as friends, even if they're not at the front with the President.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Where do the families and friends of those being honoured sit? It wouldn't surprise me if Bernie, JD and maybe Randy would be invited as friends, even if they're not at the front with the President.
    The spouses(sometime children if the honoree is not married) sit right behind them. I'm guessing their children is not that far from where they are sitting in the balcony. If you notice in different videos that their are some people directly behind them, that's their spouses and sometimes their children. Usually its their spouses or girlfriend/boyfriend.

I think they only have room for one person from the family to sit right behind them. The other family members are probably somewhere in that particular balcony where the honorees are sitting. I don't think they'll be sitting in the audience. Now that would be wrong. I will go back and see in the different videos, but I know their spouses do sit right behind them.

I don't think friends sit up there with them. I could be wrong, but I don't think they sit up there. Its only the honorees, their family and the President/First Lady. A few politicians probably sit up there too.

The others are welcome to come if you want to go, but I doubt they'll be sitting up there with the guys. Randy said he was going last year. If Randy is well enough to go and supposed the guys, he probably go again, but I don't think friends sit up there in balcony especially if they are picked to sing or the person who is picked to say something about the guys before the little video montage.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 06-25-2016 at 07:57 AM.