Page 32 of 86 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Thread: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Default Re: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    It is a shame that Randy and Bernie are not included as they were founding members and Randy wrote the first million selling single TTL,mFeldernis a diffrent story but it is so sad that we will never see all seven of them perform together ever. Even though they are not honored they should be in the auidence or at least mentioned like Bonham with Led Zepplin
    I think if Randy and Bernie are there, Felder should be too no matter what. He WAS a big part of their band. I can understand if it was a private show put on by the guys, OR, a Glenn tribute. I WAS upset with DF over getting upset about the Grammy tribute so soon after Glenn's death when they were not friends, but this is to me what the RNRHOF induction was. And I think all surviving members should be there. It's only right in my book. At least give them the option.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I think if Randy and Bernie are there, Felder should be too no matter what. He WAS a big part of their band. I can understand if it was a private show put on by the guys, OR, a Glenn tribute. I WAS upset with DF over getting upset about the Grammy tribute so soon after Glenn's death when they were not friends, but this is to me what the RNRHOF induction was. And I think all surviving members should be there. It's only right in my book. At least give them the option.
    The decision has been made & Meisner, Leadon & Felder are not part of it.

Please refer to shun's earlier post ([page 30 of the thread).

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    This is not the RRHoF. This award is way different from the RRHoF.

How? They are honoring the band.....not just Glenn Frey. Please enlighten me on how this is different than the RNRHOF. This is an EAGLES award. My guess? Don said "no former members". It's really sh!!ty if you ask me for them not to include them. If it was honoring Glenn and Don as a songwriting team, sure. But this is again as I said above, an Eagles (band) award. Not a songwriting award. I mean for christ sakes Bernie just toured with them. If I were Bernie and I had dedicated time to these guys out of my life and then got ignored at this award, I'd be breathing fire down one Don Henley's throat. So rude. Special guest or not.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but I'm just tired of this subject.

And likewise, I'm tired of the former members being brushed under the rug on this forum now in two threads. It goes both ways, shun. I'm just not comfortable with saying that Glenn, Don, Joe, and Timothy are some how any in way higher up on the ladder in the history of the band than Felder, Randy, and Bernie. It frustrates me to no end to see that most people think of only 4 of the members when they think of the Eagles. When I think of the Eagles, I think of them as a collective. I have my favorite lineup as does everybody but IMO time served cannot override contributions or erase history or accomplishments or just simple respect for those that came before you. I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    The decision has been made & Meisner, Leadon & Felder are not part of it.

Please refer to shun's earlier post ([page 30 of the thread).
    What a shame.

Stuck on the Border

It has already been said on numerous occasions, Don Henley did not decide who the honorees would be. The KCH committee did.

It has already been said on numerous occasions, Don Henley did not decide who the honorees would be. The KCH committee did.
    If that's the case then I will be writing a letter to them. Thanks for the heads up.

It's bittersweet but appropriate for them to accept this honor in person. I'm glad they're still doing it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

And you believe this? With all due respect FP, I seriously doubt that was the actual dynamic in play with this particular band. Perhaps that's the PR line issued by the organization, but do you think Don and Glenn would have willingly spent two full days attending events and sitting with Don Felder, with whom they're apparently still in litigation? I don't think they would have participated. I include Glenn because I'm sure he was a decision-maker when they were in discussions regarding the recognition. Alternatively, if Don and Glenn wanted the three former members to be included, I doubt the organization would have objected.

At the time of the RRHoF, I think they were still trying to please everyone and be diplomatic. These many years later, they can just do whatever the heck they want, and that's what they're doing. Just like at the Berklee school of music ceremony recognition, which is more recent in time than the RRHoF.

Edit - I'm sorry, I came across too strong in this post. What I wanted to say is, I believe that the organization made the choice, but they made the right choice. It was the only choice that was available to them. I don't think they had a second choice as an option.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

The KCH Facebook page posted this.

-Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Very nice. I look forward to watching it. I think they will do a wonderful tribute to Glenn. And of course they will acknowledge the former members.