Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Isn't Kate James's little sister?

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    I'm so happy they're still getting it and it's going to be so emotional watching this. Love that Cindy will be there and with them. I'm also so happy about the other nominees as I know almost all of them too. The only one I don't is the pianist Martha Argerich. I love James Taylor and if I'm remembering right didn't Glenn say he named his daughter Taylor after him? Al Pacino is like a god in my family since we're part Italian. LOL My Dad loves his movies and he's a fantastic actor. Mavis is amazing too. This will another I'll watch the whole thing as I normally only watch for the artists I'm a fan of but this time it's almost everyone getting in. Can't wait to see who ends up performing and watch on Dec 27th!!!
    We probably going to know who'll be perform probably the night of or the next day when its in the news. I'm glad we don't have to wait until December 27th. Unless you want to be surprised. LOL

I can't wait to see the White House reception. That will be posted on Youtube, but I have no idea when they post that. They probably post that the same night or the next day. Its going to be interested of what songs will be sung and who will honor the guys.

I'll be watching the whole thing too. I wonder how they pick who's first, second and so on. I wonder who will be last. Its probably going to be between James or the guys. Majority of the time, they have the very well known honoree ended the show.

I'm really shocked that James has never been honored for KCH. I always thought he already was.

What's interesting about this year's class, majority of them were guest performers for other honorees. James last year for Carole King(he probably has done it other times, but I don't know who else he paid tribute to), Mavis did the year Paul McCartney was honor and Don was 2 years ago for Billy Joel.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I'm glad we won't have to wait as long to find out who performs either. LOL I too am surprised that James never got one, and Al for that matter too. I too can't wait to see the White House reception as well. Thanks NMB and Mary for answering.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

To go back to my post about majority of the honorees of this year were guest performers for other honorees. James sang Let It Be with Mavis the same year Paul McCartney was honored. I had just saw the video and I forgot.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I'm so glad that the guys will be honored officially this year, and that Cindy will be there in Glenn's place. It will be bittersweet for sure.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Here's the press release from KCH.

http://www.kennedy-center.org/progra...essRelease.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Thanks for all the great information, shun!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    I'm sure the Kennedy Center is deferring to Don Henley as far as which band members will be honored. If he wanted Felder and Bernie and Randy, they'd be acknowledged. He doesn't want them as part of it. He could very easily have included them.
    I thought the KC made the decision as to who would be honoured & the band had no say in it.

It is a shame that Randy and Bernie are not included as they were founding members and Randy wrote the first million selling single TTL,mFeldernis a diffrent story but it is so sad that we will never see all seven of them perform together ever. Even though they are not honored they should be in the auidence or at least mentioned like Bonham with Led Zepplin