Page 30 of 86 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Thread: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Default Re: Kennedy Centre Honorees

The list is out and the guys will be part of it. Also a nice gesture in one of the paragraphs. I want to cry.

They'll be honor with Al Pacino, James Taylor and Mavis Staples.

This will probably be our last time seeing them together. I'm glad the guys decided to still do the KCH.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/enter...ecb_story.html
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 06-23-2016 at 02:53 PM.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I *love* James Taylor!

Bernie and Randy and Felder are not included. "Taylor and the Eagles — Frey, Don Henley, Timothy B. Schmit and Joe Walsh — are voices of their generations" the KC official said.

Frey’s widow, Cynthia Millican Frey, will be seated with the band during the ceremony, the arts center said.

For a change. I know everybody who will be honored. LOL I didn't know James hasn't been honored yet. I thought he already was. Who would had thought the following year he would be back, but as a honoree.

Al Pacino and The Eagles in the same room. I'm in heaven. I love Al Pacino. He's my favorite actor.

Another article. It looks like they have made a statement. It will be bittersweet in December. This also will be the first time we see Cindy since Glenn's death(I don't know if we will see her before then, but this will be the first time). I know its going to be an emotional night for the guys especially Cindy.

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news...photo-10434918

"We accept this honor in memory of our comrade and fellow traveler, Eagles founder Glenn Frey," the band said in a statement. "The members of the band hailed from different regions of this great nation and we always felt very fortunate that our music was embraced by people from all walks of life, all over the world."
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 06-23-2016 at 04:39 PM.

Border Desperado

Well, it will be a nice occasion to honor Glen, but it saddens me that it won't be a really true honor for the Eagles unless all 7 members are honored, as they were by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

I loved the 4 final Eagles, but this is particularly hard for those of us who loved that band earlier, turned their new tunes up full blast in the car, waited for a new album release, and sang along to all the words.

No disrespect to the 4 Eagles who kept the music alive from 2000 on, but that music was created by those four AND Bernie Leadon, Randy Misner, and Don Felder, as well. You can't honor the Eagles without honoring all the men who made all the magic!

This is not the RRHoF. This award is way different from the RRHoF. I said this on facebook. They were NOT going to change their minds of who should be honored because Glenn died. I don't know why people just can't accept that its only going to be the remaining surviving members and Glenn will be honored with Cindy being there.

Oh boy. Let the "these other 3 former members should be honored too" fight begin. This is soo going to get old. It got old last year and its probably going to get old this year. I'm soo not looking forward to this argument for 6 months. I'm already tired about the Joe and Don should say something thing.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but I'm just tired of this subject.

Border Desperado

Well, as long as people post respectfully and are not rude to one another or discredit others' opinions, I don't mind seeing other people's viewpoints. Opinions turn into arguments when people don't believe other people might have a differing set of opinions and feelings.

I expressed my heartfelt thoughts, and I know many people feel as I do. I also know there are people who are fine with only the last four Eagles being honored. I don't agree with them, but I don't want to argue with them about it either.

I think we can agree to disagree on topics, but hopefully everyone will still be respectful of everyone else's views and feelings and present their posts in a polite manner.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I'm so happy they're still getting it and it's going to be so emotional watching this. Love that Cindy will be there and with them. I'm also so happy about the other nominees as I know almost all of them too. The only one I don't is the pianist Martha Argerich. I love James Taylor and if I'm remembering right didn't Glenn say he named his daughter Taylor after him? Al Pacino is like a god in my family since we're part Italian. LOL My Dad loves his movies and he's a fantastic actor. Mavis is amazing too. This will another I'll watch the whole thing as I normally only watch for the artists I'm a fan of but this time it's almost everyone getting in. Can't wait to see who ends up performing and watch on Dec 27th!!!
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I'm sure the Kennedy Center is deferring to Don Henley as far as which band members will be honored. If he wanted Felder and Bernie and Randy, they'd be acknowledged. He doesn't want them as part of it. He could very easily have included them.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    I love James Taylor and if I'm remembering right didn't Glenn say he named his daughter Taylor after him?
    That's *very* cool if it's true. Or maybe Glenn named his daughter after his friend Kate Taylor! That would be neat too.

I believe Taylor Swift is named after JT.