Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
In addition, this is a lifetime contribution to US culture, and while Bernie has been back for two years, in 44 years of Eagles history, Bernie was a band member for about 8 of them. Felder's number of years with the band would make a good argument for him, but his seriously acrimonious book that concentrated on the Hell that was the Eagles (in his eyes) would remove him from the committee's consideration on it, in my opinion. I can't imagine they would ever consider inducting someone as part of a band who went to such an effort to vilify the very band they are inducting.
Excellent point, VA! I hadn't thought about the exclusion of the formers in terms of longevity but rather as contributions. Neither did I consider the fact the Felder has been so negatively outspoken thru the years. I'm sure both of those issues factor in when making the decision. I'll be interested to see if Randy and Bernie get any honorable mention from any of the guys in their acceptance remarks (but I can't imagine any of them uttering that other name). We just have to wait and see.

As a footnote, Bruce and I were discussing this over coffee this morning and another name that came up as a possibility to honor them is Stevie Nicks, whether she performs or just makes some remarks. But I'll say this...in the past I've thought some of the performers were head-scratchers so this is going to be very interesting.