Vector,
a few points.

1) While Tim may be a gentle soul, he is not akin to Randy. One thing that comes across to me from Tim's recent interviews is his strength and objectivity. Also, that he doesn't like to be brought into other people's disagreements. I think he has also proven that his his loyalties are with Henley, in particular.

2) As far as friendship, Walsh and Felder were close in the late 70s. However from 1993, there was a friendship between Joe and Glenn. Tim has said that Henley was the one he was closest to during the break. Do not let yourself to be too influenced by Felder's book because that's just his side.

Bernie left before Joe and Tim joined, Randy left before Tim joined and there's nothing to just that they had a friendship outside of the band.

Azoff is noone's puppet and he knows how to handle Henley.

3) I read through your thread a few days ago. Perhaps you should do so too, as the flaws in your posts are addressed. Many of us have read extensively and have arrived at a different place to you. This is not a case of Henley/Frey fans being blinded by ignorance and bias.

Some people come across better in interviews than others but that may just be because they are better at performing fo the camera. I find it helps to look at what the people that know these people have to say. I also take into account the length of time some of the relationships lasted. We hear so much of the troubled relationships within the band and yet they remained together, in all incarnations, for longer than most bands. There is a lot of loyalty.

4) I also get the impression that Randy and Henley were never close and that Randy liked Glenn better. However, there's nothing to suggest that they still carry resentment towards each other.

In my internet trawling, I found references to Henley and Frey paying medical expenses for a couple of people (one of them a former roadie) and also an offer from Joe to pay medical bills for an old friend. It seems to be something they do.

I think the documentary opened up channels with Bernie and Randy. It may have reminded Glenn and Henley that they used to like these guys and it was all so long ago. Both sides were ready to forgive.

Meisner did not give up his shares for pennies. He gave up his shares in return for a royalty deal. If you search, you can find court reports about a lawsuit between Randy and his ex-wife that relates to this. Randy and his ex-wife have been receiving an income under this deal for nearly forty years. Bernie alluded to his Eagles income some time in the 90s, so he probably has a similar deal.

What these deals would not have forseen is that from the 1990s on, the money was made through touring rather than through record sales. In 1976, the name "Eagles", may not have had much value (compared to the back catalogue) but by 2001, it was the brand used to sell tours and merchandise sales. No wonder, Felder refused to sell his shares for a nominal sum. However, just because it wasn't a good deal in 2001, doesn't mean it was a bad deal in 1976/8.