I got this old book called Headliners released in 1981 which features old interviews with the Eagles. Now, you might ask, "Why not put this in the Eagles books thread?" The answer: it is full of such delicious irony (the guy didn't have a clue the Eagles had broken up or their problems behind the scenes) and great quotes that I think it deserves its own thread!

I'll start with the last. Here's Felder's quote from the end of the book, plus commentary - apparently he hadn't gotten the memo about the end of the band either:
"Even as the live album was climbing the charts the Eagles began making preparations for their next record.

'There's about another album's worth of material,' notes Don Felder, 'that is about half to three-quarters finished, left over, since we started out this last time to do a double album. We've got enough basic tracks with arrangements, overdubs, and stuff that we could finish those songs in, say, six months. There are a lot of options. We're also thinking about starting fresh since I have some ideas and so do Glenn and Henley.'
[...]
Altogether it seems the '80s will hear quite a lot from the Eagles."
Ha!

Here's a quote from Henley, this time from 1976 after Joe joined:
"'It's much better than it ever has been,' Henley enthused, 'everybody is much happier. There's no struggle, there's no power struggle, no fighting, and none of the problems that used to exist.'"
Ha!

Even earlier, quotes from Glenn and Don in 1972, after the Eagles LP was out and before Desperado:
"'Johns was the key to our success,' Frey elaborates. [..] 'I didn't mind him pointing us in a certain direction.'
[...]
Johns was a stern taskmaster in the studio and really broke the cocky Eagles in the process of recording until he got them to do exactly what he told them. 'Glynn made us very aware of all the little personal trips within the band,' says Henley. 'He'd just stare at you with his big, strong, burning blue eyes and confront you with the man-to-man talk. You couldn't help but get emotional. We even cried a couple of times.'"
Can you guys picture that? It's not so much ironic as it kind of gives you an idea of how intimidated they were by Johns at the beginning. That would change!

There's so many more but I'll leave it at that for now. This book is great!!