Page 62 of 77 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25, 2015

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25,

Well, this is weird. Spotify has a 12 song version of Cass County available. (I'll have to check again to see what songs are missing). That's the first I've seen or heard of a 12 song version! Luckily, they have the normal 16 song version listed as the "deluxe" version.

ETA: songs missing from the Spotify 12 song version:
    Too Much Pride
    She Sang Hymns Out of Tune
    The Brand New Tennessee Waltz
    Too Far Gone
    Last edited by AlreadyGone95; 09-25-2015 at 05:50 PM.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25,

Just received my Super Deluxe Vinyl edition via UPS.

Guess whose black Sharpie signature is on the front?!? Needless to say, I was a wee bit shocked when I opened the box!!!

"You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

NOLA, that is beautiful! (And so big!)
    -Kim-

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Here's an interview Don did with Studio 10. I think this is an Australian show. The interviewer went to NY to do the interview with Don.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?t=536&v=HPv2hObUfoA
    Thanks for putting this up. I saw it on Channel 10 news last night. I had been wondering where & when the interviews were done. This is with Angela Bishop; I have a photo of her with Glenn. She spends too much time on that ancient rumour of a supergroup with Sting & Billy Joel.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    Well, this is weird. Spotify has a 12 song version of Cass County available. (I'll have to check again to see what songs are missing). That's the first I've seen or heard of a 12 song version! Luckily, they have the normal 16 song version listed as the "deluxe" version.

ETA: songs missing from the Spotify 12 song version:
    Too Much Pride
    She Sang Hymns Out of Tune
    The Brand New Tennessee Waltz
    Too Far Gone
    The 12 song version is the standard version just as there was a standard version of After Hours. The 16 song version is the deluxe version.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    The 12 song version is the standard version just as there was a standard version of After Hours. The 16 song version is the deluxe version.
    And just to be clear again, there is also the 18 song version that is available only at Target. The two bonus songs are It Don't Matter to the Sun, which features Stevie Nicks and Here Come Those Tears Again with Vince Gill and Alison Krauss on backup harmonies.

I stopped at Target on my way home and picked up the CD with the two bonus tracks. They're both really good. I just bought a new Toyota a few weeks ago and, fortunately, they are still including CD players in their cars, so I was able to get about halfway through on my ride home; then I listened to the remainder of it when I got home.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I like the bonus tracks especially Here Comes Those Tears Again.

Also did anybody notice that Don's son Will plays drums on No, Thank You.

Walmart had the deluxe CD sold out(which is good I guess) online. The website didn't say if they had it on my Walmart. I called Target this morning to see if they had it. We have two here in Jackson. One Target had me on hold for 10 minutes. The other one had only 2 copies. The salesperson asked me if I wanted him to hold it. I said yes. I started looking for Don's album and I didn't see it. So somebody bought the other copy while I had the copy the salesperson hold for me.

I thought that the 16 song version was the standard version. My bad.
    -Kim-

It's freaking confusing with all these versions!

I've been listening to my Target version and I love it... especially the track with Stevie (I know that astonishes everyone, lol). I will put more thoughts about it in the review thread once I have a chance to listen some more.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Did anybody notice that Don's son Will plays drums on No, Thank You? That was a nice surprise. Don is kinda getting his children involved. If its just doing his hair and makeup on tour (Annabel) or playing on the album(Will playing drums on No Thank You).