Page 59 of 77 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25, 2015

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25,

My own view is that Henley & Frey would be much better employed at producing some new Eagles music rather than once again milking every last drop out of what is after all a somewhat limited catalogue. You may say 'well surely there are enough songs that would fit into a musical'. Perhaps. In my view they have taken the existing catalogue as far as they can go with it.

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25,

Don will be in the Acoustic Guitar issue. Here's a preview. I don't know which issue. SO look on the lookout for this issue.

http://www.acousticguitar.com/News/D...itar-Interview

Stuck on the Border

It says at the end it's the December 2015 issue of Acoustic Guitar.

The preview answers the question of whether he played guitar on the album; no. He didn't play drums either - I would have thought that went without saying. He only ever played drums on five of his solo songs. Phil Collins he is not.

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    My own view is that Henley & Frey would be much better employed at producing some new Eagles music rather than once again milking every last drop out of what is after all a somewhat limited catalogue. You may say 'well surely there are enough songs that would fit into a musical'. Perhaps. In my view they have taken the existing catalogue as far as they can go with it.
    I could not agree more. I keep hoping there is another Eagles album in them, or at least, a few songs on either another dvd or live album. The thought of the Eagles having no new music ever (as a band) really saddens me.

Don was on a radio station called WCBS. Here's the interview.
    http://wcbsfm.cbslocal.com/show/cbs-...-the-big-show/

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Phil Collins he is not.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, FP but Phil Collins is no Don Henley nor Peter Gabriel for that matter as far as I'm concerned.

Don suffers from a bad back which has prevented him from playing drums for years and as someone who has a chronic neck problem for the last year I understand his suffering. Don has never attempted to pretend he's a great drummer - in his most recent interview (which is great btw) with Charlie Rose he admits he's a better singer and songwriter than drummer and I maintain he strums the guitar mainly as a prop because he doesn't know what to do with his hands. As he has said himself, in Nashville there are supreme musicians practically tripping you up so he wanted to have the best which in no way detracts from his own talents.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Here's another article. Great pictures. The first picture looks familiar. He posed like in an old picture.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/0...ar-guests.html

Banned

A Couple of days ago the, Vintage Vinyl News website, was bigging up the chart promise of 4 veteran artists: David Gilmour, Keith Richards, Ryan Adams (without the B) and Alabama, whilst prominently displaying the, Amazon Top 20 by Veteran Artists, which had Don's, Cass County clearly placed as Number One.

They've rectified their gaff:

http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2015...leases-by.html

The following are the twenty biggest new releases by veteran artists for September 25, 2015 according to Amazon

01 Don Henley - Cass County
    02 New Order - Music Complete
    03 Los Lobos - Gates Of Gold
    04 Tony Bennett & Bill Charlap - The Silver Lining: The Songs of Jerome Kern
    05 Anderson Ponty Band (Jon Anderson & Jean-Luc Ponty) - Better Late Than Never
    06 Shawn Colvin - Uncovered
    07 Widespread Panic - Street Dogs
    08 John Scofield - Past Present
    09 Clint Black - On Purpose
    10 John McLaughlin & the 4th Dimension - Black Light
    11 Johnny Mathis - The Singles
    12 David Bowie - Five Years 1969-1973
    13 Herb Alpert - Come Fly With Me
    14 Loggins & Messina - Loggins & Messina (Hybrid SACD - DSD)
    15 Julio Iglesias - Mexico
    16 Diane Krall - Wallflower: The Complete Sessions [Super Deluxe Edition]
    17 Kenny Rogers - Once Again It's Christmas
    18 Micky Dolenz - A Little Bit Broadway, A Little Bit Rock & Roll - Live at 54 BELOW
    19 Duke Robillard - The Acoustic Blues & Roots of Duke Robillard
    20 Cliff Richard - 75 at 75
    Not only is Don Henley the number 1, veteran best seller but the Eagles have also snuck back into the Top Twenty. They are at number 18 (as I type) with their old release, VBO album.

Congrats all round

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, FP but Phil Collins is no Don Henley nor Peter Gabriel for that matter as far as I'm concerned.

Don suffers from a bad back which has prevented him from playing drums for years and as someone who has a chronic neck problem for the last year I understand his suffering. Don has never attempted to pretend he's a great drummer - in his most recent interview (which is great btw) with Charlie Rose he admits he's a better singer and songwriter than drummer and I maintain he strums the guitar mainly as a prop because he doesn't know what to do with his hands. As he has said himself, in Nashville there are supreme musicians practically tripping you up so he wanted to have the best which in no way detracts from his own talents.
    I was just making a point that Collins played drums on all his solo albums & Don only played them on five tracks. That's the only reason I said it: there were no other motives. I have said before Don is a much better drummer than he gives himself credit for, but I wasn't expecting him to play drums on this album. I understand he wanted the best musicians. I was just commenting on his answer to the question 'did you play guitar on the album' where he said 'no, and I didn't play drums either'.
    Last edited by Freypower; 09-24-2015 at 06:58 PM.