Page 46 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25, 2015

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25,

Quote Originally Posted by scottside View Post
    Target often has exclusive tracks on the hits cds they carry. I have no idea how they got to be so important in the big screen of things, but almost every major new release gets at least one exclusive track. Most of the times they are additional new songs (i.e. the most recent Boz Scaggs and Coldplay cds), but sometimes they are songs recorded years ago that have never appeared elsewhere (James Taylor) or even live cuts. I would be willing to bet the two Henley extras are worth having as they could very well be extras (i.e. "Seven Bridges Road" which he apparently did record but ditched for the new album).
    As I have said before we don't know for certain that he recorded 7BR. I think they were doing it as a vocal warmup. I have ordered my copy from amazon.co.uk & without any more information I certainly wouldn't be ordering a copy from Target (obviously if someone here does buy the CD from Target they can tell us what these tracks are).

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25,

I don't know why Target is keeping the names of the songs a secret. Maybe the names will be revealed after the album is released? . Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Border Rebel

Sometimes Target updates their website before release date so that's a possibility. Or else, it'll get leaked from another source. That was the case for the latest Bob Seger album.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - The announcement about the Target CD is one reason I don't preorder any more. I'll just go to Target on the 25th and buy the CD with the extra tracks.

And I enjoyed reading the article about That Old Flame. As I mentioned previously, it is my favorite song from the album that I've heard so far. Not a lot details about who the old flame was that reached out to Don. I think his longest '80's flame' was Maren Jensen, but that doesn't mean it was her.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I'm starting to love to Old That Flame. Its becoming my favorite even though TAPOT and OTF were my favorite the beginning. I'm starting to repeat that song on my phone.

I did something interesting yesterday. So I looked up what ember means because I was wonder if that was an actually word. Heck if I was saying the right word in the lyrics since I've never heard of ember. So here's the definition of ember.

Ember is glow very hot, sometimes as hot as the fire which created them. They radiate a substantial amount of heat long after the fire has been extinguished, and if not taken care of properly can rekindle a fire that is thought to be completely extinguished and can pose a fire hazard
    I now know what the lyrics means, "There is danger, in the embers. You have only yourself to blame. You can get burned when you're trying to rekindle that old flame." Only Don can make a word sound interesting.

I just noticed something. Go back to this link and look on the side. I hope that's right. If so. Go Don.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...n-short-bursts

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    As I have said before we don't know for certain that he recorded 7BR. I think they were doing it as a vocal warmup. I have ordered my copy from amazon.co.uk & without any more information I certainly wouldn't be ordering a copy from Target (obviously if someone here does buy the CD from Target they can tell us what these tracks are).
    The recording industry has progressed since the analog 70s. I'd expect everything to be recorded with digital technology.

There was a version of Long Road Out Of Eden which had Hole In The World and Please Come Home For Christmas on it. Although they are, by no means, exclusive tracks, I'd expect the Target exclusives to be something similar.

I'm not surprised that they haven't announced what the extra tracks are yet. If they are something very desirable, it's going to annoy all their retail competitors, and many Henley fans, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Yeah - The announcement about the Target CD is one reason I don't preorder any more. I'll just go to Target on the 25th and buy the CD with the extra tracks.

And I enjoyed reading the article about That Old Flame. As I mentioned previously, it is my favorite song from the album that I've heard so far. Not a lot details about who the old flame was that reached out to Don. I think his longest '80's flame' was Maren Jensen, but that doesn't mean it was her.

My money goes on the jewelry designer who he based Wasted Time on. Her name escapes me at the moment and I am too tired to google it.

Don has moved up to no. 14 for the week of September 19. Go Don!!! He could have a top 10 hit in the Adult Contemporary charts.

http://www.billboard.com/charts/adul...ary/2015-09-19

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Congrats Don! Nice to see him up there alongside the "hot, young" artists of today.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time