Page 32 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25, 2015

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25,

I found this link on Don Henley Appreciation Group facebook page.

A great review on TOF. Earlier I predicted Don to be nominated for many awards, they also predicting, but for this song.

http://m.digitaljournal.com/a-and-e/...article/438897
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 07-21-2015 at 11:35 PM.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25,

After multiple (meaning a dozen at least) listens to both songs, TOF is still my favorite. It's more upbeat musically (which is my kind of country). Plus, I love Don's and Martina's harmonies on the chorus. Lyrically, I really can't relate to either TOF or TAPOT. I'm young, don't have an old flame (have yet to even have a boyfriend), and haven't experienced any of the events in TAPOT yet.

I can see both songs being nominated for awards. I'm still coming to terms with the fact that there's 14 more songs that we haven't heard yet!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Border Troubadour

Thanks Shun, excellent review
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

I am hoping Cass County pushes Don into the digital era but I doubt it. I PAID to downlaod the 2 songs from itunes BEFORE they were released to youtube & I will PAY for the new full record on September 25th. As much as I would love a cd I have all of my music on my phone.
    I prefer Take a Picture to Old Flame.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I get CDs and upload to my computer. I convert to mp3 for the mp3 player, but still have CD for the CD players.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    OK. I have now listen to both songs. Here's my opinion.
    Take A Picture Of This: Wow!!!! Now this is the Don I love. Straight to the heart love songs. Its kinda a history song. Kinda like Taking You Home and For My Wedding. The lyrics are great. Thumbs up!!!

So my overall opinion of the two songs. If these two songs are a preview of what's to come on the album, I'm going to like it. I'm a big country fan. I'm a fan of 80s, 90s and real early 2000s country music (before it became more country pop again). IMO Don is in this category of the country sound of the 80s, 90s and some of the 2000s. I'm really going to enjoy the album. I can't stop playing those two songs especially Take a Picture Of This.

The only difference from Taking You Home/For My Wedding are these 2 he is happy & in love, Take A Picture is totally the opposite; it's more like I am DONE! Anyone who was in a long term "difficult" marriage knows that sentiment. Mine passed away though & I seldom bring out the old photo albums. I am NOT inferring there is any problems in his marriage either!

Out on the Border

When I listen I hear a story about a couple who've taken a lot of pictures of the good times, as we all do, and how they (and we) don't tend to take pictures to capture the rough times, which do happen. No one is going to take a picture of that suitcase and/or ticket, you know. I lost my mother years ago and my father recently after a long illness and all our old family pictures were there at the house. I'm still going through a lot of his stuff and he was a picture taker. Sometimes a five hour trip turned into a seven hour trip b/c he was taking so many pictures. Maybe a broader interpretation would be how people spend more time commemorating moments we forget about the in-the-moment relationships. Can't say if it's personal for Don (or if he's just taking on the voice of someone else) but I guess it kinda got personal for me. I lost Daddy in January right after the holidays.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

After listening to these two songs several times now, it seems like TOF is growing on me the most so far. I love how Don's and Martina's voices blend together - very beautiful!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I like that review, especially this part:
    The instrumentation soars when it needs to, but also picks the spots to sit back and give us a tap-a-long with beat while allowing the lyrics and voices to shine; voices that are distinctly different from one another, but come together flawlessly in harmony elevating this song to another level.
    My feelings exactly!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time