Page 17 of 77 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25, 2015

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County due in Sept

Sales should be helped by the HotE doc. If it does really well, would that bring about a change of heart about releasing new music by the band, or would Don be more likely to continue with his solo efforts?

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County due in Sept

Yeah,the HoTE doc has gained the band some new fans for sure. Of course, I want Cass County to do well, especially if it's as good as we've been hearing. If Cass County is a success, in terms of sales and chart positions, I hope that it would prove to the band that most of their fans do want to have new music and not just attend concerts containing the old hits. I assume that pretty much everyone on this forum wants to have new music from the guys. I personally, will take whatever the guys will give us. (I'd love a new Eagles album or a new Glenn Frey solo album (just not something like After Hours because that's not my kind of music) ).

I would think that Don would concentrate on Cass County for the rest of the year, and that the rest of the guys would want some down time after 2 years of touring behind HoTE.

If I could write the timeline for the next few years, it would go like this:
    2015- Don works on Cass County (touring/promoting). The other guys can do whatever(solo stuff or time with family)
    2016- after Don wraps up Cass County, Eagles work on a new album (though not as long as LROOE)
    2017- release new album, tour behind it and celebrate the 40th anniversary of Hotel California. (That way if they want to, they can retire on a high note)
    2018- solo work

I know that this is probably very wishful thinking, but they say if you dream, dream big!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Another preview of Cass County with a little bit of extra info at Capitol Records last night from our favourite jukebox

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...y-life-being-a
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by Lacken101 View Post
    Another preview of Cass County with a little bit of extra info at Capitol Records last night from our favourite jukebox

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...y-life-being-a

While I do love the "jukebox", I'm glad that Don feels this way .
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I may looking into this wrong, but it sounds like he doesn't doing a new album because technically. He's about to put out new music.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    This is pure speculation on my part, but I think that a deluxe edition of Cass County will be similar to the deluxe edition of LROOE(which I still need to get my hands on). The regular album will probably contain 12-14 songs, with deluxe version having the full 16 and a bigger booklet/packaging. Most new albums released now come with a free download of the album, at least here in the states. I think that the deluxe edition will have to contain more than just bonus songs to appeal to the no so hardcore fans. Again, that's just my thinking.

Now, I'm waiting to hear if the album will just be a cd/digital release or will there also be vinyl copies made?
    In fact it will be more like the deluxe edition of After Hours. The so-called deluxe edition of LROOE had one previously released track on it. The standard version of AH had 10 tracks; the deluxe edition 14. I would doubt the packaging would be different.

This quotation:

You know, Rick Nelson put out a song called 'Garden Party' a long time ago about an experience he had at Madison Square Garden where he was trying to do some new material, and the audience started booing him because all they wanted to hear was what he had done in the past.

Perhaps if the Eagles hadn't treated LROOE the way they have done on the HOTE tour fans may have not as been as hostile to it as he implies. Is he saying the LROOE tour was a failure? I don't know.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Well, I know the review by The Washington Post for the July 2008 LROOE said that the audience sat, bored, waiting for them to get done with the new stuff because it was the hits they wanted to hear. I was there, I heard them sing along to How Long quite loudly, and some sang along to others. Most of the ones around me knew all the words to all the new songs. Anyway, the review was very nearly word-for-word of a review from a midwestern newspaper from the week before. So given that one review seemed to make the rounds around to each newspaper, they all said audiences were bored with the new stuff.

Conversely, it's possible they were. It amazes me how many Eagles fans I met at work, while shopping, at other concerts, etc, that didn't even know they'd released an album, so maybe quite a few didn't realize it until they showed up at the concert. They all knew about Farewell 1 because it was on NBC. I mean, if you hadn't heard about it, learning about it at the concert could be disconcerting and make you feel alienated.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I will timidly raise my hand that I didn't know about LROOE mainly because of health reasons & the fact that The Eagles don't use youtube to promote anything. WITW has becomes one of my favorite all time songs. I don't understand why they didn't include at least 1 song from that cd on HotE tour. They did release the cd & it was successful even if it wasn't widely praised. Granted WITH is 7+ minute song so do How Long! Off of my rant now because it is now less than a month to Atlantic City. My best friend booked our room for a girls weekend.

I noticed the picture from LA that Don used hair color again just when it looked like he was embracing his salt & pepper reality. Just like the perm in the 70's please just make it stop already! Looks like a ton of hair product was used to get the "volume" used for the photo with his guitar.

Looking forward to hopefully having Cass County in my hands very soon.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jms18222 View Post
    I will timidly raise my hand that I didn't know about LROOE mainly because of health reasons & the fact that The Eagles don't use youtube to promote anything. WITW has becomes one of my favorite all time songs. I don't understand why they didn't include at least 1 song from that cd on HotE tour. They did release the cd & it was successful even if it wasn't widely praised. Granted WITH is 7+ minute song so do How Long! Off of my rant now because it is now less than a month to Atlantic City. My best friend booked our room for a girls weekend.

I noticed the picture from LA that Don used hair color again just when it looked like he was embracing his salt & pepper reality. Just like the perm in the 70's please just make it stop already! Looks like a ton of hair product was used to get the "volume" used for the photo with his guitar.

Looking forward to hopefully having Cass County in my hands very soon.
    To be fair to the Eagles, there wasn't much of anything on YouTube back when they toured for LROOE! Of course, they won't use it now, nor will Don, except for official videos.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Article on press release of Don's new album.
    Not sure if this has been posted, but I just saw it

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...y-life-being-a jukebox

Ok I think I see its been posted, Anyway hope u all read it