Page 14 of 77 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25, 2015

Border Troubadour

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County due in Sept

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Debutante View Post
    I was thinking he might do some bonus tracks, too, like the Eagles did for a deluxe version. Not that anybody has said anything like that but it seems everybody's doing that these days.
    In one of the videos someone linked to on here back when it was announced (I think it was AG95), Don implied strongly that there would be some form of Deluxe edition, citing as you do the fact that it's the way of the (music) world at the moment.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County due in Sept

The number 17 in that one interview may have come from the Chideo video, in which he said, a year ago, that he had 17, would record a few more, then the culling process would begin. So we can't count on 17, in my opinion.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    Listen to the Rolling Stones Far Away Eyes, Brooke. Bear with the first few minutes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDnZBvCetQM
    Not just Faraway Eyes, but Wild Horses & Dead Flowers from Sticky Fingers which were recorded when Gram Parsons was hanging around the Stones. Mick can sing this stuff in his sleep. But what I read is that Mick, Don & Miranda Lambert sing a verse each.

17 tracks is a LOT. I do hope there aren't any covers of Eagles songs as was rumoured. I was quite clear on that point that I regarded it as completely unnecessary.

AG95, he can't really start to promote it until September when it's released.

This says he'll tour solo in the fall, and has a nice picture in it.

http://www.countryweekly.com/news/do...um-cass-county

AG95, he can and likely will promote it before it's released, just not with a tour. The tour will come after the release. The promotion beforehand will likely be interviews in various places, and might not happen until only a week or two before the release.
    VK

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post

AG95, he can and likely will promote it before it's released, just not with a tour. The tour will come after the release. The promotion beforehand will likely be interviews in various places, and might not happen until only a week or two before the release.
    That is one serious quiff he's got going there, even though its probably just the wind blowing through his hair

One thing I've found in all these press releases (even though they all seem to be rehashes of just one) - everyone is amazed that he is a nice, normal guy !! But we all knew that anyway

I really hope he includes Europe in his fall tour!! If he doesn't, I might change my mind about him being "mostly" a nice, normal guy
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Interviews are what I was referring to by "promote". I'm sure that Don would want some to rest before going on tour again, and there's little point in tourinh beforehand.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by Lacken101 View Post
    That is one serious quiff he's got going there, even though its probably just the wind blowing through his hair

One thing I've found in all these press releases (even though they all seem to be rehashes of just one) - everyone is amazed that he is a nice, normal guy !! But we all knew that anyway

I really hope he includes Europe in his fall tour!! If he doesn't, I might change my mind about him being "mostly" a nice, normal guy
    Lacken, I have no idea why it worked out this way, but both Glenn and Joe went to the UK to do appearances and interviews, but neither toured. Glenn went to Australia and did appearances and interviews and announced a tour. I have no idea, just throwing out ideas, but the line in the documentary, from HFO, from 20 years ago, they said it was expensive to tour in Europe. I know the company I work for has to pay a lot more for the employees that work in Europe as opposed to elsewhere, so I'm not sure if that's it or not.

I hope he does tour there, but I think it'll come down to how much money he stands to make - the amount of money he needs to pay out, and if that difference is enough to make it worth it to him.
    VK

Stuck on the Border

He only toured Europe once, for EOTI, and I would doubt that he thinks this album is really intended for a European audience (in my view, Europe would have lapped After Hours up, just as Australia did).

I hope he does tour there, but I think it'll come down to how much money he stands to make - the amount of money he needs to pay out, and if that difference is enough to make it worth it to him.
    I completely agree with you on this - its very expensive to work/tour in other countries especially with visas, work permits etc so that's why I'm hoping he does consider it in his benefit to tour Europe.
    Hopefully the outgoings and expenditure are less for a solo tour than for a band, and this might convince him to tour here.....

Will have to keep sending "Tour Here" thoughts to him !!
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

I'm looking all these new pictures of Don. I love the one with the cowboy at the same place. I notice he's got his hair real short in the back.

I'm really looking forward to the new photos that will be coming out the next couples of months when he starts to promote Cass County.