Page 12 of 77 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25, 2015

Banned

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County due in Sept

Despite all the complimentary things I've read about Cass County, I still have reservations.

Don's shying away from calling it a country album but the folks he's got singing and playing on Cass County sure lean in a country direction imho.

Another thing is Stan Lynch. Don's written some great songs with Glenn and Joe, Don (F), Tim, JD, Kootch, Bruce Hornsby and Mike Campbell but what's the best song he's written with Stan?

There are a few I like, such as; You Don't Know Me At All and Goodbye To A River but he's not involved with any of Don's major hits as far as I know. Lynch's name seems to crop up in the credits of Henley tracks, I'd call fillers.

They must have upped their game to produce an album, as good as the one industry types are raving about.

Did Stan write any hits for Tom Petty?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County due in Sept

A lot of his co-writes with Stan are also credited to people like Jai Winding. However, my favourite (and I seem to be alone in this) from IJ is Damn It, Rose by Henley-Lynch. But that appears to be the only song credited to just the two of them.

The Last Worthless Evening (Henley/Corey/Lynch) is pretty well known. I'm not going to talk about which tracks are fillers because in my view the fillers are mostly written with Kortchmar & are on Bulding The Perfect Beast.

As far as I know Tom Petty's hits were written by Tom Petty. There were a couple of co-writes with Mike Campbell.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Additional details about the album and the preview.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=296435

Regardless, Henley has tendered the work of a lifetime: considering his roots without pandering, evoking country without irony or investing in today’s radio. These are grown-up songs for people who’ve lived life, seeking understanding of where they’ve been and how it feels.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Another article that has a sentence or two different than all the rest.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/ente...wait/28804291/
    VK

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well after hearing and reading all the recent chatter from people that have previewed the album, I'm getting very positive vibes. And hey, we're talking about Don here, so I'm betting that the album will live up to all the expectations.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Another who was at the preview and thinks it's an awesome album!

http://www.songshinemusicbiz.com/blo...um-in-15-years
    VK

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

VA, you and I posted the same article, lol.

The more reviews of the preview I keep reading, the more impatient and amped up I grow. It sounds like this is going to be one heck of a good album!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

This one says there are 17 songs on the album:

http://www.997thefox.com/onair/arroe...ease-13682865/
    VK

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well after hearing and reading all the recent chatter from people that have previewed the album, I'm getting very positive vibes. And hey, we're talking about Don here, so I'm betting that the album will live up to all the expectations.
    I was a big fan of Henley during the 80s. I'd have even called him my favourite Eagle, above Joe but I've been unimpressed with his out put over the last 20 years. The people who've listened to Cass County are the carefully chosen few. Walsh's and Felder's recent albums have received great reviews that I thought were over enthusiastic. I thought Glenn's After Hours was better than the press I read.

I look forward to enjoying Henley's album but as he said, the bar is set low, despite the universal fawning praise.

I notice that they got some of stuff that Don was saying from the Chideo video that cause a stir early this year. Which was true now. Lol