Thread: Denny Sanford Premier Center, Sioux Falls, SD - Jun 4, 2015

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Denny Sanford Premier Center, Sioux Falls, SD - Jun 4, 2015

VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Default Re: Denny Sanford Premier Center, Sioux Falls, SD - Jun 4, 2015

A review with a bit of video...

http://www.kdlt.com/news/local-news/...ncert/33412476

The tweets I'm seeing are all really great. I guess Glenn did the Plaintiff joke, people seem to really like that joke. The only negative tweet was one I see after a lot of concerts, it too hot in the arena.
    VK

An article with opinions about the ban on cellphones and pictures, before the concert started.

http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.c...icy/?id=180875
    VK

It was hot in the arena especially late in show. Don wore a plaid shirt in first half and changed to a different plaid shirt the second half. Timothy started with a gray t-shirt ( I had never seen before) and changed to red a blue plaid for second half. Joe wore a shirt and jacket first half and came back with a Ramones shirt the second half. Glenn started show with the usual blue but changed to a peach shirt the second half. Nice to see bright color on him for a change.
    The guys seem really tired and in need of break. Don said he had a touch of bronchitis but voice got stronger later in show. Glenn had the runny nose and Kleenex box out. They skipped some jokes but only us veterans knew it
    The crowd was great. Stood almost all second half. Before Doolin Daltons Don asked crowd to quiet down so could hear them
    One really neat thing during introductions when Timothy was introduced he got a looong standing o. He seem really touched by this.
    All-in-all great show as usual.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Tf, good to hear! Thanks!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I have to agree with TF22....it got unbelievably warm in the arena, especially toward the end. But in my experience most people are up and moving and it generates a lot of heat. The guys did seem tired and I thought it took them a while to find their stride - Glenn and Don in particular seemed to struggle a bit during the first half of the first half - but true to form, they played thru, found their niche and gave it their all. When you look at the show schedule it's understandable. They've been doing back-to-back nights or a show with a travel day with a show...and this week alone they've done 3 nights in a row! It's got to take a toll. They play Green Bay on Sunday then have a badly needed month to recoup before the next leg with a demanding 3 weeks thru the end of July.

When we got up this morning we gave serious consideration to driving up for the show in Grand Forks tonight but available tickets were limited and we're always skeptical about 'resale' tickets so we came back.

Despite my best efforts, I haven't really found anything about the Billings show on Wednesday other than a lot of hype about the profits for the arena and vendors....not a single word about the concert itself, just tallies for the beer and liquor sales! And I understand the arena there seats nearly 11,000 for a concert but only about 9500 seats were filled. Got to be a bit discouraging.
    I just need a little downtime.........