Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey ya'll

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Hey ya'll

*please read the title in a (American) southern accent. *

Hello everyone. I'm Kim. As you can probably tell from the title of my thread, I'm from the American south, Georgia to be specific. I'm probably fairly young compared to most here. (I'll be 20 in September. The 95 in my username refers to my birth year). I'm currently trying to figure out what to do with my life. (College and the like).
    As for the Eagles, my parents were (one still is) late baby boomers. They were teenagers in the 70s. Until I was a teenager, their music was the only music I knew. Even though I have developed my own tastes in some ways(I love heavy metal and its subgenres), I still love my parents' music. To me, there's nothing better than the sound of the rock music from 1968-1977 (the bulk of my music tastes are from around that time frame ). Glenn Frey is my favorite Eagle (his nickname as the teen king still stands ), but I love all 7 Eagles.

As I said above, I love music. I collect cds, records, and cassettes. I have about 500 cds, 250 records, and 70 cassettes. Different Eagles related albums are scattered throughout the collection. I've been through some personal tragedies, abuse and other not so nice stuff, and music got me through it. That's where my avatar comes from.

As for other things about me, I love sports, particularly baseball and football. I'm somewhat of an avid reader. When I get into a good book, I can't put it down. I have a mild form of Cerebral Palsy (physical disability), but luckily, ot doesn't hinder my life much. My nickname is motormouth because of my adhd.

So yeah, that's all I can think of. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. . I look forward to talking about one of my favorite bands.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Hey ya'll

Welcome, AG95! Hope you like here!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Welcome!

Welcome AG95 Enjoy

"Leave Me Be I'm Just Walkin' This Line....Out On The Border"

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Thanks for the welcomes!

Is there a thread for fan art of the band?

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Welcome, AG95 !!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Welcome from me as well, AG95. Hanging out on The Border is a good place to be if you want to talk about the Eagles. Enjoy!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Welcome from me as well, AG95. Hanging out on The Border is a good place to be if you want to talk about the Eagles. Enjoy!
    Thanks Dreamer! I've been enjoying myself so far!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Welcome, Kim! Be sure to check out the Eagles on the Road forum - you'll find a thread with two unreleased songs by our guys, one of which is called "Georgia Peach." That could be your theme song. No one has been able to figure out the lyrics though, cause the sound is so bad. If any of us ever has the chance to meet Bernie, we ought to ask him about it

P.S. Kim, it gives me hope for the future when a young whippersnapper such as yourself lists "anything Stephen Stills has done" among her favorite music.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Welcome, Kim! Be sure to check out the Eagles on the Road forum - you'll find a thread with two unreleased songs by our guys, one of which is called "Georgia Peach." That could be your theme song. No one has been able to figure out the lyrics though, cause the sound is so bad. If any of us ever has the chance to meet Bernie, we ought to ask him about it

P.S. Kim, it gives me hope for the future when a young whippersnapper such as yourself lists "anything Stephen Stills has done" among her favorite music.

Thanks NMB! I've got to hear the audio to that song, regardless of how poor the quality is.

Stephen's music has been in my life a little bit longer than the Eagles'. I canremember hearing For What Its Worth by Buffalo Springfield at the age of 6 and loving the guitar sound. When I became a teenager, I began to love the lyrics to that song and I statted looking up Stephen's other work. I discovered CSN/Y, Manassas and his solo work and I love 90% of it! The lyric "She is all that I have left and music is her name" from Southern Cross describes my teenage years. Music was my only friend, and that lyric really touches home to me.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time