Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Farewell 1 Survivor

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Farewell 1 Survivor

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Well, Glenn is my favorite Eagle, but that doesn't mean I don't like the others songs because I certainly do. I don't think I can really say that I like his songs more than Don's. Don is my second favorite and for many years he was my favorite Eagle. I absolutely love many of Glenn's and Don's songs both and really, could not pick one over the other by the fact of it being sung by one or the other. There are different qualities coming from each of them. If Take It Easy (my all time favorite Eagles song) had always been sung by Don from the beginning I would still love it. One of them is not superior to the other as far as singing goes, to me.

So, no, I'm not voting for Glenn or Don. I'm voting for the song and in this game, the performance.
    I feel the same way about this as you do, Brooke! Since Peaceful Easy Feeling is going down without my vote, I'll vote strategically too ...

I cast my vote for Hotel California.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Results for Round 12: No peaceful easy feeling

The next performance to be eliminated in the Farewell I DVD Survivor is Peaceful Easy Feeling. “Peaceful Easy Feeling, the tribe has spoken and it looks like they’ve let you down. Now listen to that voice in your other ear telling you to leave the island immediately.

Votes
    Peaceful Easy Feeling – 8
    New Kid In Town – 2
    Hotel California – 2
    One of These Nights – 1

Vote Breakdown
    Peaceful Easy Feeling – shunlvswx
    Peaceful Easy Feeling – Freypower
    Peaceful Easy Feeling – Funk 50
    Peaceful Easy Feeling – scottside
    Peaceful Easy Feeling – Brooke
    Peaceful Easy Feeling – Desperada
    Peaceful Easy Feeling – WalshFan88
    Peaceful Easy Feeling – Lacken101
    New Kid In Town – DevineDon
    New Kid In Town – UK TimFan
    Hotel California – Glennsallnighter
    Hotel California – Ive always been a dreamer
    One of These Nights – thelastresort

Performances eliminated:
    Silent Spring 4/08
    Sunset Grill 4/08
    No More Cloudy Days 4/10
    Wasted Time 4/10
    Love Will Keep Us Alive 4/12
    You Belong to the City 4/12
    Funk #49 4/14
    Hole in the World 4/14
    Rocky Mountain Way 4/16
    Desperado 4/16
    All She Wants To Do Is Dance 4/18
    I Can't Tell You Why 4/18
    Take It to the Limit 4/20
    Lyin' Eyes 4/20
    Walk Away 4/22
    In the City 4/22
    The Long Run 4/24
    One Day at a Time 4/24
    Tequila Sunrise 4/26
    The Boys of Summer 4/26
    Dirty Laundry 4/28
    Peaceful Easy Feeling 4/30

Performances remaining:
    New Kid in Town
    One of These Nights
    Already Gone
    Life's Been Good
    Heartache Tonight
    Life in the Fast Lane
    Hotel California
    Take It Easy

Voting for Round Thirteen begins now.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Life's Been Good

It's tough for me, as I love the remaining songs.

For me it's between LBG, which to me is a killer song when played by the Eagles and the best version of the song is on Eagles Live, and NKIT, which is a great song... I really don't want to vote off any of the others until necessary.

I hate to do it, but in order to save HC, I'll vote for Life's Been Good.

Even though I love Don and he's my favorite, I love a few of Glenn's songs too. My favorite of his is New Kid in Town and What Do I Do With My Heart. I tune the volume up when those songs come on on the radio, Pandora and IHeart. Maybe I'm a closet Glenn fan because sometimes I don't want to admit it. Lol

I'm voting for performance and my favorite performances on the DVD are Don's and even. Joe.

Anyway. Their are two songs I'm going to wait to vote for. So I'm voting for Take It Easy.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Even though I love Don and he's my favorite, I love a few of Glenn's songs too. My favorite of his is New Kid in Town and What Do I Do With My Heart. I tune the volume up when those songs come on on the radio, Pandora and IHeart. Maybe I'm a closet Glenn fan because sometimes I don't want to admit it. Lol

I'm voting for performance and my favorite performances on the DVD are Don's and even. Joe.

Anyway. Their are two songs I'm going to wait to vote for. So I'm voting for Take It Easy.
    I don't know why you 'don't want to admit' liking Glenn's songs. They are Eagles songs, just as Don's are. You sound as if you're ashamed or you're being disloyal to Don if you like songs sung by other band members. You have made comments like this before & I'm not quite sure what you are getting at. I would also say that liking a couple of Glenn's songs doesn't make you, shock horror, a closet Glenn fan.

Banned

I think the last two rounds were dominated by strategic voting. Posters are protecting their favourites rather than voting for their least favourite.

It's nothing to be coy about. I imagine Frey fans are Frey fans because they like his songs the best, so it's no surprise they vote in his favour. It just looks like the Frey fans have the most power as they outnumber the other voters.

This round could be a little more interesting. It's good to see two of Felder's starring moments, One Of These Nights and Hotel California still in the running. Credit to Steuart Smith. Two of the songs dropped to accommodate Long Road Out Of Eden tracks, New Kid In Town and Already Gone are still in the hunt too.

This round I vote for Heartache Tonight. Great in concert but if I want to listen to a live version, I always go for the 1980's Eagles Live CD version, recorded when it was a new song.

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I think the last two rounds were dominated by strategic voting. Posters are protecting their favourites rather than voting for their least favourite.

It's nothing to be coy about. I imagine Frey fans are Frey fans because they like his songs the best, so it's no surprise they vote in his favour. It just looks like the Frey fans have the most power as they outnumber the other voters.

This round I vote for Heartache Tonight. Great in concert but if I want to listen to a live version, I always go for the 1980's Eagles Live CD version, recorded when it was a new song.
    What she said is most of what I've been thinking! I also vote for Heartache Tonight.

Border Rebel

I vote for "Life's Been Good."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    It may surprise you F50 that this umbrella site began its life as glennfreyonline and eaglesonlinecentral followed several years later after Soda expanded it. So if like me you were looking for Glenn information and googled him it led you here. Thus there may be a preponderance of Glenn fans, particularly those of us on since the start of the Border.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP