Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Farewell 1 Survivor

Default Re: Farewell 1 Survivor

I'm sad to see Dirty Laundry gone because imo it wasn't the weakest out of all the song that's left. I thought it would make the top 5. Oh well.

I'm voting for Peaceful Easy Feeling again. I didn't find anything I enjoy from that performance and I wasn't feeling it.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 04-29-2015 at 10:08 AM.

Stuck on the Border

It had to happen. I suppose it's time to put Peaceful Easy Feeling out of its misery, but I think it is beautifully sung by Glenn. He looks good too. Not that that matters. Being realistic it's probably time it went. It should certainly go before the magnficent New Kid In Town.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Now most of the Walsh songs are out of the way, I expect all the Frey fans to vote for Henley songs and all the Henley fans to vote for Frey songs.

I'm just wondering... did any Henley fans vote for Dirty Laundry?

At last! it looks like it's on the slippery slope. It could be the last time I vote for Peaceful Easy Feeling.

Border Troubadour

Very disappointed Dirty Laundry lost out....

...once again then, I go for New Kid in Town
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Border Rebel

I vote for "Peaceful Easy Feeling."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I hate it, cause Glenn sings it beautifully, but I vote for Peaceful Easy Feeling.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Peaceful Easy Feeling

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Now most of the Walsh songs are out of the way, I expect all the Frey fans to vote for Henley songs and all the Henley fans to vote for Frey songs.[/I] survive?
    I don't think the majority of us are quite that shallow F50. However I will mention 2 points.

Firstly while many of Joes songs are funny and lively and show great guitar work, they are not generally the iconic songs that the Eagles are famous for. They appeal mainly to a specific group of Joe fans. It would be inevitable I think that the winner would come from one of the Henley or Frey songs. Simply because they are 'across the board' Eagles songs. If and 'ordinary average guy' talks about the Eagles songs (as opposed to us hardcore fans) they generally talk about those stalwarts, HC, TIE, LE etc. LBG while it is an excellent performance is NOT the first song most people think about.

Secondly, while I may be guilty myself of favouring Frey songs, that is simply because I prefer them. My favourite of the remaining songs does have him on lead, but my second favourite is a 'Henley' song, so if the one I want was voted off it is quite likely that even though I imagine I belong to your 'Frey fan' group, I would be voting a Henley song to win. However I make no secret of the fact that I prefer many of the Glenn Frey performances over the Don Henley ones. Thats my opinion. Its what makes this game what is is for all of us. Our opinions.

I think too (and i said it earlier) that is is difficult to reconcile performances that are 10 years old with ones that many of us have seen more recently in the HOTE shows. The latter ones WILL colour our opinions in many cases whether we like it or not.

So I don't think its as clear cut as only voting off songs of band members to keep your favourite's in! KWIM?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Peaceful Easy Feeling

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Secondly, while I may be guilty myself of favouring Frey songs, that is simply because I prefer them.
    Is this really the case GA? Can you make a blanket statement like that? Do you prefer LE to HC, for instance?

Personally, as you know, I love Don's voice and the man himself, but I couldn't say I prefer all of his songs to Glenn's or Joe's or Timothy's - there are exceptions as to any rule.

btw, I'm not trying to be provocative - I just found your views very interesting
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...