Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Eagles at the Super Bowl?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Eagles at the Super Bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah View Post
    Didn't they drop "Witchy Woman" for quite a while?
    Yeah Maleah, in the California F1 tour they replaced Wasted Time with Witchy Woman. And then, I'm not positive but I think they didn't perform it at first in the LROOE tour, but then they brought it back.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA
    Any EXCUSE for the Eagles to Sing Seven Bridges Road is a good one no matter when, where or whatfor <smile>.
    I agree with you here Mike. Even if a crowd didn't immediatedly recognize the song as an Eagles song, it would definitely win their approval, I believe.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm gonna have to side with Fp on this. I don't think 7BR fits for the super bowl at all. I LOVE the song, it's just too quiet for this crowd and unfamiliar to the average football fan.

I'll stick with my first thoughts which were HC, TIE, LITFL and HL. A medley of all four or however they wanna do it. These songs, except for HL, are immediately recognizable and would go over with the crowd in a huge way.

Guys, are you listening to us?!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Okay, KillJoys! LOL. Hey, this is "Fantasy" still so we can imagine the Superbowl crowd would be attending ONLY because the Eagles are performing and as such, would know SBR and would appreciate it and would not be brought down by it. <LOL>

Seriously though, I do think they would pick their high tempo songs. They could play 12 minutes of Life In The Fast Lane. Maybe Twenty-One and Out of Control. Take It Easy would be a required number. Then all of Hotel California...they could delay the Superbowl 2nd half.

MikeA

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    we can imagine the Superbowl crowd would be attending ONLY because the Eagles are performing and as such,

they could delay the Superbowl 2nd half.

He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Okay, KillJoys! LOL. Hey, this is "Fantasy" still so we can imagine the Superbowl crowd would be attending ONLY because the Eagles are performing and as such, would know SBR and would appreciate it and would not be brought down by it. <LOL>

Seriously though, I do think they would pick their high tempo songs. They could play 12 minutes of Life In The Fast Lane. Maybe Twenty-One and Out of Control. Take It Easy would be a required number. Then all of Hotel California...they could delay the Superbowl 2nd half.

Twenty-One? Who would sing it? It is even more obscure than 7BR.

As for Out Of Control in my wildest dreams they will perform that song again. But this is the band that no longer performs three songs which are very well known, one of which went to #1 (NKIT, Tequila Sunrise, Already Gone). They are not going to resurrect something like Out Of Control.

I would not be in favour of a medley. Glenn did that once, with Lyin' Eyes/POMPOY/TIE (in fact I saw the Lyin' Eyes/TIE medley in 1988 ) and in my opinion the songs were sold short.

At least if they did How Long it would prove that they are still a viable act, not just nostalgia.

I still think it would be great if they do accept to play in the 2011 Super Bowl.
    Oh they tell me there is a place over younder cool water running through the burning sand until we learn to love one another we will never reach the promised land. Hole In The World 2001

Last edited by Koala; 07-09-2010 at 01:15 AM.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border

Ho hum. Yet another writer who seems to think the terms 'Don Henley' and 'the Eagles' are interchangeable. And just because he is from Texas does not mean the band would play the Super Bowl there.

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I thought I read somewhere that they were invited this year and turned it down. Or did I just dream that.

I don't think the point of the article was to exclude the rest of the band and make it Don Henley & Co. I think the point was that Don is from Texas and that would play a big part in the reasoning behind the invitation. If Michigan ever hosted a superbowl (and as a Lions fan I am DEFINENTLY not holding my breath there) and the Eagles were mentioned as a possibility for the halftime show, I'm sure Glenn would be the mentioned Eagle of choice.

That being said, I don't know why it would be a big deal that they don't move around much. It's not like anyone in the stadium would really be close enough to tell and the fans watching on tv would rather hear someone stay on tune than dancing all over the place. lol