Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles at the Super Bowl?

Default Re: Eagles at the Super Bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I would love to see the guys perform at the Super Bowl. I like FP's setlist of Take It Easy, Hotel California, and How Long. Could also maybe throw in a little bit of Seven Bridges Road just to mix it up a bit. We can only hope!
    Oh I agree, what a great lineup.
    Oh they tell me there is a place over younder cool water running through the burning sand until we learn to love one another we will never reach the promised land. Hole In The World 2001

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah View Post
    I actually saw another rumor online that since the next superbowl will be held in Texas, the Eagles are highly rumored to be playing that one. Again, just a rumor but it would be nice to see happen! Plus, the NFL does seem to like having classic rock artists now. lol

As for songs they'd sing.....I agree they'd have to do TIE and a shortened version of HC, but I'd have to vote LITFL to be included. For a performance like this, I don't know if they'd need to include the new songs....so I'd probably vote Take It Easy, Hotel California, Life in the Fast Lane, and Heartache Tonight.
    But a new song would prove their continuing relevance, as when the Stones did Rough Justice. I also don't think they would have to shorten HC. The very thought.... it would be more likely they would only do three songs so they would have room for HC.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I really gotta say that the whole SBR really had me thinking. Can you imagine the reaction to the crowd and the at home audience as soon as they sang the first refrain of that song, in PERFECT harmony, just like they did 30+ years ago! Me thinks that would prove a point.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I would adore hearing Seven Bridges road, but they'd have to lip sync something with harmonies that precise in a venue with less-than-ideal acoustics like the SuperBowl!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I would adore hearing Seven Bridges road, but they'd have to lip sync something with harmonies that precise in a venue with less-than-ideal acoustics like the SuperBowl!
    The Eagles "lip sync"? Go wash your mouth Nanc! The very thought!

MikeA

In my little dream-there are great acoustics in this venue and the crowd is completely quiet in anticipation of those first few notes by the Eagles, so that everyone gets a chance to hear how perfect they still sound after 30+ years!!!

Willie, I think you pulled a Rip Van Winkle. It's been FORTY YEARS! The 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's <LOL>

And both Glenn and Don, though maybe not as high in the upper registry, still have tremendous tonal range with high quality. Joe and Tim ain't bad either! Joe can still hit "that note" in "In The City". According to him, that song contains the highest vocal note he's ever written into a song and he hasn't changed the key. Tim, well what can anyone say negatively about his voice other than maybe it is not rough.

Pretty dang amazing.

MikeA

WHAT?--you mean I'm in my 40's? D*mn It!!!! You're right Mike--sorry!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well, of course, I never pass up an opportunity to mention how awesome it would be to hear the Eagles perform SBR live. But, seriously, how awesome would it be to hear the Eagles perform SBR live at the Super Bowl!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

When was the last time they performed it? 2003? Why would they bring it back given that once they drop a song it falls into a void, never to be heard again. I think there would be far too much noise and it would be swallowed up.