Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles at the Super Bowl?

Default Re: Eagles at the Super Bowl?

The Eagles NEED to do Superbowl just to show the world that Seniors can still ROCK as well or better than EVER! Trouble is, I don't know if they could DO a 15 minute concert <LOL>.

MikeA

Stuck on the Border

Which songs would they play, as well? I would go with How Long, HC and TIE. That covers both Glenn and Don as far as singing lead (no offence to the other two). I cannot envisage them doing it.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Good point Mike!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

IF they "did it", I think they would have to put together a medley. HC for sure...probably the first verse and chorus. TIE...OOTN....Fastlane and a little bit of Desperado.

MikeA

These halftime shows usually just feature four songs, give or take, trimmed to fit the 12 minutes they have to play.

I agree with FP. They would play Take It Easy - of course! Also Hotel California (a truncated version). They could do How Long to get in some "new stuff" - it's short and you can rock out to it. No slow songs at the Superbowl!

They'd probably have time for one more song. If it were up to me, I would want them to do Heartache Tonight! It would be fun and certainly appropriate... "There's gonna be a heartache tonight!" - I think Peyton Manning can relate! lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    These halftime shows usually just feature four songs, give or take, trimmed to fit the 12 minutes they have to play.

I agree with FP. They would play Take It Easy - of course! Also Hotel California (a truncated version). They could do How Long to get in some "new stuff" - it's short and you can rock out to it. No slow songs at the Superbowl!

They'd probably have time for one more song. If it were up to me, I would want them to do Heartache Tonight! It would be fun and certainly appropriate... "There's gonna be a heartache tonight!" - I think Peyton Manning can relate! lol
    As always, your logic is impeccable Nanc! Although Desperado might be appropriate in describing Manning's feelings! At least the "desperate" part. True though....."Slow" wouldn't be good.

MikeA

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I would love to see the guys perform at the Super Bowl. I like FP's setlist of Take It Easy, Hotel California, and How Long. Could also maybe throw in a little bit of Seven Bridges Road just to mix it up a bit. We can only hope!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I sure wish they would consider it. I'd also vote for HC, TIE, LITFL, and HL.

It would be awesome!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

SBR....I think I like that one even better than HC! And if you don't think THAT would get a Superbowl crowd on its feet, well, maybe I'm completely out of touch with what people like! Anyway, it's not THAT slow <LOL>

MikeA

I actually saw another rumor online that since the next superbowl will be held in Texas, the Eagles are highly rumored to be playing that one. Again, just a rumor but it would be nice to see happen! Plus, the NFL does seem to like having classic rock artists now. lol

As for songs they'd sing.....I agree they'd have to do TIE and a shortened version of HC, but I'd have to vote LITFL to be included. For a performance like this, I don't know if they'd need to include the new songs....so I'd probably vote Take It Easy, Hotel California, Life in the Fast Lane, and Heartache Tonight.