Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concert Posters Rec'd Out of The Blue!!

Out on the Border

Default Concert Posters Rec'd Out of The Blue!!

Hi all,

This is my first post, although I've been a huge fan since 1972. Hubby and I were fortunate to snag 9th row floor seats to the opening night, Jan. 15 at the Forum in Los Angeles.

He'd "liked" the fan site and was among the lucky ducks who was selected to buy tix even before presale.

That said, we just rec'd a cardboard tube in the mail, not even knowing what it was, from a company called Music Today

Imagine our delight and some confusion--as we never ordered these--to find inside TWO commemorative Eagles posters with the Forum dates and image printed on them.

Has anyone else received these?

He is waiting for his CC statement to see if he got charged for them somehow.

Not that I'm complaining if they're free...

Thanks in advance!

KellyGal

BTW, the show was my first Eagles concert and his second-he saw them in 1975 and said this show was even better. I'm still suffering from post-concert depression!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Concert Posters Rec'd Out of The Blue!!

Wow! Congrats, and I hope it's all legit and free! Welcome to The Border, and thanks for giving us the 'like'. We hope you stick around!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Welcome KG - These are legit. They were promised to fans as part of the ticket deal for this show. I got mine over a week ago so it seem as if they are slowly getting them mailed out to those who bought the fan package.

Glad you loved the show and we know all about post-concert depression - or PEW (Post Eagles Withdrawal) as we call it around here. Happy posting here on The Border.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

welcome to the border
    may you enjoy your time with us here tt

Welcome! I'm still waiting for my poster. Did it come USPS?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Would someone be able to post a photo of the poster? Is it the one they were selling at The Forum?

Out on the Border

Houston Baby,

Sorry I don't have my iPhone right now...

The posters are small, maybe 12x16? Anyway, they're printed on ivory paper and show the HOTE skull in pencil drawn form and in gold printing "The Eagles" and the "grand Re-opening" of the Forum plus the Jan. 2014 dates.

The actual posters sold at the Forum were a limited edition run of 750 and each one was numbered. They show the Eagles band name, the forum and the show dates.

I'll post pics as soon as I get my phone back.

To all the posters who welcomed me, THANK YOU!!! I fear this may be the only time I was able to see the boys unless they circle back to L.A. and so I count myself lucky.

Cheers,
    KG

Out on the Border

Soda,

Yes, it came USPS in a sturdy tube. We received two posters...don't know if that equates to the number of tickets that were bought, we bought 2.

Cheers,
    KG

I received my 2 posters yesterday, too...! As I said in my earlier post, I'd worried about not receiving them so I bought one at the 1/15 Forum show and now I've ended up with 3! Very happy to have them and will frame and hang them all! I'm experiencing post-concert blues these days...I'd looked so forward to seeing the Eagles at that opening show and wish I could plan for another show soon, but need to save up some money first! Glad the poster issue's been resolved, and that the Eagles and Ticketmaster came through with these nice souvenirs for everyone!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Welcome Kelly! I'm looking forward to seeing your posters when you show us the pics. I'm so glad you enjoyed your first concert so much. We call the standard depression we feel here when a show is over 'post Eagles Withdrawal' (PEW). The best cure is to listen to their music and book the next concert!

I got back from my NYC concerts on 11/11. I didn't have time for PEW, because later that day they announced their European (and Dublin) dates!!

Now I'm just wondering. This is a big 'if'. But if anyone who went to more than one show on this package gets two sets of posters as a result I would be prepared to buy one set off them. Just saying. In case.......
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP