I must say that when I posted the Free Bird suggestion I didn't think you'd particularly like it, F50. You're not the world's biggest Skynyrd fan IIRC - I like them but I can see why you don't like that style of music especially as a big Joe fan.

FP, I love both of those Rust Never Sleeps tracks but my preference for an Eagles cover would be Pocahontas. It would seem a bit odd for the Eagles to cover a song which is about Neil breaking away from Crosby, Stills and Nash. Don would probably be my choice to sing lead on Pocahontas, there is some common

Incidentally I have heard Joe do a version of Cinnamon Girl which I thought was pretty decent, wouldn't mind hearing the whole band do it. If it was an Eagles song I would see it as more of a Glenn song than a Don song, in a way it's a bit like, say, Heartache Tonight in that there's less emphasis on the actual lyrics.

In any case here's Joe playing it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEJBxCOcoUk

I've also discovered that there was a Neil Young concert where he performed four of his own songs - including three brand new ones which turned up on the On The Beach album - and then played three songs with the Eagles, including Carol and Chug All Night, but also Neil's Down By The River. I thought 'Yeah, I could imagine them doing that one', although probably with some of the jamming cut (not all of it though, it would give Joe an excellent chance to show off his guitar), the chorus would sound great with Eagles harmonies I think. If they ever decide to do a covers album as a band (very unlikely but you never know) then Down By The River would not only be a good choice of song and artist to cover (I might be a bit biased in the latter instance) but one they have some historical claim to, as they did when they revisited How Long for LROOE.