Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
An interesting road trip, Zanny!

I love both the legendary STH and HC and agree there are lots of similarities between two of the best rock and roll songs of all time. However, unlike the Eagles, I have to say that Stairway to Heaven is the only Zepplin song that I love. Purely speculating on which Eagles' voice is better suited for the song, I would also agree Glenn's would probably work best. I don't know if he still has the power in his voice to pull it off today, but I think Glenn could have very effectively sang Robert's 'shrieking' at the end back in his younger days. I'm thinking of the ending of Outlaw Man and, to a lesser extent, James Dean, and also the 'Yow' in Smuggler's Blues. It's also possible that Joe's vocals would work, although I'm not sure he has the power in his pipes to pull off the ending. I personally don't think the song is very well suited to Don's or Tim's voices or styles, but you never know.

On the other hand, realizing my bias in not being a Zepplin fan, the thought of Robert singing Hotel California makes me cringe. However, part of that, may be for the same reason that I feel Don's voice isn't a good fit for STH. I just don't think their two voices are very compatible.

I agree dreamer, I cannot see Plant singing HC. or Don singing STH. But I'll have to listen to Zepplin to see if I can pin point any possible exchanges of songs. I do love the way Glenn pulls off the song Route 66. His voice does do that justice.