Thread: Eagles Year in Review: 2014

Default Eagles Year in Review: 2014

Well, as 2014 comes to close, let's take a look at what our guys have been up to!

JANUARY
    15: Eagles play the opening night of the new LA Forum in Los Angeles, CA; they play a total of 6 nights there, kicking off a new leg of the History of the Eagles tour

20: Joe Walsh participates in the Ringo Starr Tribute Concert for the David Lynch Foundation

FEBRUARY
    7: Don Felder appears on The Arsenio Hall Show

9: Joe Walsh appears on the Grammy Tribute to the Beatles

MARCH
    11: Joe Walsh plays a Tibet House Benefit at Carnegie Hall in New York, NY

25: Don Felder re-releases an extended version of Road to Forever

APRIL
    1: Looking Into You: A Jackson Brown Tribute is released, with Don Henley singing lead on "These Days"

1: A video recording of the first "Light up the Blues" Autism Benefit featuring Don Felder among others is released on iTunes

4: Don Felder joins CSN, John Mayer, et al for the second "Light up the Blues" Autism Benefit in Los Angeles, CA

10: Glenn Frey inducts Linda Ronstadt into the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame

MAY
    6: Sarah McLachlan releases Shine On, including the Don Felder co-write "Turn the Lights Down Low"

12:Joe Walsh honors Ozzy Osbourne at MusiCares ceremony

14: Don Felder kicks off the "Soundtrack of Summer" tour with Styx and Foreigner at the Intrust Bank Arena in Wichita, KS

21: Eagles announce that they will tour Australia and New Zealand in February and March of 2015

22: Eagles kick off the European leg of the History of the Eagles tour at the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam, Netherlands

JUNE
    17: Don Felder does his first of four live video chats

AUGUST
    25: Eagles return to the United States for another leg of the History of the Eagles tour, starting with the Tacoma Dome in Tacoma, WA

SEPTEMBER
    16: Eagles play a benefit for Walden Woods at the Citi Wang Theatre in Boston, MA; includes a meet'n'greet by Don Henley for charity to a lucky contest winner

OCTOBER
    3: Joe does a rare meet'n'greet for charity at the Anaheim, CA show

15: Eagles play their last date of the year at the AT&T Center in San Antonio, TX

NOVEMBER
    10: Foo Fighters release Sonic Highways, featuring Joe Walsh as a guest artist

12: Don Felder appears as a guest on Hell's Kitchen

17: It is announced that Poco will be inducted into the Colorado Music Hall of Fame on January 9, and Timothy will be playing with them

DECEMBER
    1: Joe Walsh plays the first of two special shows at the Paramount in Huntington, NY

-----------------

Let me know if I've forgotten anything, guys!

I can't wait to see what 2015 has in store!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Year in Review: 2014

Very cool, Soda - thanks. Funny how when you leave out the individual HOTE dates, it looks like Felder is the most active Eagle!! But WE know what they were up to !!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Well, as 2014 comes to close, let's take a look at what our guys have been up to!

MARCH
    11: Joe Walsh plays a Tibet House Benefit at Carnegie Hall in New York, NY
    I don't think Joe played this gig although he was billed.

Off the top of my head Joe made appearances on albums by War, Stanley Clarke and Kenny Wayne Shepherd. Probably one or two others. I'll have to look them up.

Thanks for the list (and the site) sodascouts... Happy New Year

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thanks for the review Soda! Its great to have a comprehensive list of their activities.
    For me 2014 was just magical - 6 HOTE shows in Dublin, London, Liverpool and New York. Liverpool of course was the icing on the European cake, first getting the drumsticks from Scott, then the picks form Glenn . I'm so glad to have been part of their year too.
    And it was wonderful too meeting up with so many Borderers at so many of the shows - some like Desperada, Dreamer, Soda, Henley Honey, and Topkat that I and met previously, then others such as Troubadour, Bashful Badger, Secret Squirrel and HB that I had the chance to meet for the first time. But not the last time I sincerely hope. Hope I left nobody out!

And of course Hopefully 2015 will bring many more Eagles activities and that I can share at least some of them with other Borderers.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Border Desperado

Has there been any word as to what they are going to do after the Australian leg of HOTE?
    Time off, I'm sure, but any news of fall 2015 tours or albums?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    Has there been any word as to what they are going to do after the Australian leg of HOTE?
    Time off, I'm sure, but any news of fall 2015 tours or albums?
    Not as yet.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks very much, Soda. It's great to have these recaps to reflect back on each year. It also reminds me to appreciate how active our guys still are.

And, I, too, enjoyed all of my excellent Eagles adventures with all of my wonderful Border friends again this year. to many, many more to come!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016