I'm sure most of us will have a few of these - you know those songs by bands you normally really like but have you shaking your heads or reaching straight for the 'skip track' button or equivalent?

Here's a few of mine (just my opinion of course, if you like these songs I have no problem with that):
Dire Straits - Les Boys is the only song from their main studio albums that I do not have on my iPod. I don't like the subject matter (I don't handle 'camp' well), and having a track like this at the end of an album as stellar as Making Movies doesn't help either. I am also not a fan of Twisting By The Pool but I don't have ExtendedancEPlay so hardly ever hear it (it's on my Dad's Money For Nothing CD but I've never uploaded it). I don't mind rock 'n' roll type songs that don't have much lyrical depth but it doesn't rock enough for me to enjoy.

Fleetwood Mac - A couple of tracks from Tusk spring straight to my mind. Not That Funny is downright unpleasant and manages to capture the worst aspect of punk music (artless thrashing) without the energy (I am not a punk fan but can understand its appeal to many), while Never Make Me Cry bores me to tears. It just doesn't do anything for me and the music might as well not existent as far as I'm concerned. The studio version of I'm So Afraid also falls flat for me, Lindsey Buckingham sings far too high for my liking which doesn't fit well with the music. However, I love later live versions of it where he sings in a lower voice and the guitar solos are longer and better!

Neil Young - Hangin' On A Limb just doesn't hold my interest - Neil and Linda Ronstadt sing nicely on it but it just feels like a romcom soundtrack song to me (a couple of times I've skipped it after thinking 'why the heck am I listening to this?'). Funnily enough I get on fine with their other duet on the Freedom album The Ways Of Love.

I must admit though that while I have quite a large number of songs by him I don't have many duds, mainly through acquiring what are generally considered to be his better albums (same with Bob Dylan, who I'm sure has plenty of songs I would hate but the three albums I have in my collection are classics (Bringing It All Back Home, Highway 61 Revisited and Blood On The Tracks) so I can't honestly include any of his songs on this list.

Pink Floyd - Dogs of War is IMO awful in just about every respect and is a very poor attempt by David Gilmour to mimic Roger Waters' style and sound, while A New Machine (Parts 1 and 2) probably seemed like a good idea at the time but listening to Gilmour sing some pretty depressing lyrics through a vocoder with almost no music isn't my idea of fun. Take Up Thy Stethoscope And Walk is probably the worst thing Roger Waters has ever written, his songwriting improved hugely after that, and there's a good reason why the band called See Saw 'The Second Most Boring Song I've Ever Heard, Bar Two' (I consider it to be an uninteresting Beach Boys pastiche, and I'm not a particularly great Beach Boys fans).

Although not truly one of my absolute favourite bands, R.E.M. deserve a mention for Shiny Happy People - that song makes me feel nauseous, I absolutely cannot stand it. My sister likes it and sometimes puts it on playlists on the car, when it comes on I put on something loud to block it out (Led Zeppelin's Heartbreaker or Rock And Roll work well, I find). I love some other songs of theirs such as Losing My Religion and Man On The Moon but I cannot stand that one (I know it was meant to be satirical but this aspect of this is drowned out by the 'dumb summer pop anthem' elements, in fact my sister doesn't listen to it as a message song. Bringing in the B-52s to sing on it was a terrible idea IMO).

I haven't included any Eagles songs in my list (there are a couple that would make my list, I might mention these later but wanted to start with other bands) although feel free to mention any you really don't like. The other major favourite of mine I haven't included is Led Zeppelin - I've never heard any real stinkers by them.

One thing I would say is that it's probably best to stick to band line-ups that you do like, if you love Peter Gabriel's Genesis but loathe the Phil Collins led version then I'm not sure you could describe the Collins Genesis as a band you like so couldn't really claim their music to be in the 'songs you don't like by bands you do like' category.