Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Siding with whom on what issue? The firing that occurred 15 years ago? The HFO arrangement that occurred 20 years ago? The tensions from the 70s that occurred 40 years ago?

Korean eagle, It sounds from your post that you want us to judge them as people - who's the better man or something. We don't even know them! In my own limited experience, Glenn has been the nicest by far, but even so I acknowledge that I don't know these guys well enough to pass judgement on the entirety of their moral characters. I leave that to them and God.

For me, it's about the music. I enjoy the Eagles, both as they were then and as they are now. When it comes to solo work, I much prefer Henley and Frey's catalogs to Felder's. He's a great guitarist, though.

I wish Felder the best in his career, and I wish Frey and Henley the best with the Eagles and on their own. I'm very grateful that they decided to carry on without Felder rather than disband... especially since if they had disbanded in 2000, I never would have "rediscovered" them in 2005, and this site would not exist. To me, the Eagles are a pretty big deal.

More power to 'em all.
not at all, just wanted to hear what Eagles' fans have to say about this. I just found this site after watching the documentary on Netflix. I've been a fan since listening to my sister's old vinyl lps since the 80's. Had always been under the impression the original break up had more to do with Henley and Frey. Just wondered what others thought, that's the reason I started this. NOthing more, nothing less. If you don't want to judge, you don't have to.

And while I love Glenn's work in the band, his work outside is lacking. If not for the Eagles' Glenn would be no more than a eighties also ran. Something like Billy Ocean. Henley's solo stuff is very good on it's own.