Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
There's a lot more to it than number of sales.

I'm sure it's because an overwhelming number of people I worked with stopped listening to Rock stations and started listening to Pop in the 1982/83 time frame. Howard Stern had just gotten fired from DC101 (right after hundreds and hundreds of local people died when an Air Florida jet flew into the 14th street bridge, he called Air Florida and asked, on air, how much they charge for a flight from National Airport to the 14th Street Bridge. I have not and will not listen to the man since, and don't have much respect for those that do), so most stopped listening to that station for a long time, and Pop was all that was available. Miami Vice was always a huge topic of conversation, and Glenn got his share of that. I don't ever remember having a conversation with anyone about Henley, except one girlfriend. So what Glenn said about he and Henley being the ones to keep the Eagles name out there rang true for me. It was a lot more than the number of solo album sales. There's a lot more to both of them than album sales, and I don't think it's fair to Henley to reduce his contributions to sales.

Obviously, you can't have the Eagles without Glenn. If they could have gone on without him, they would have in 1980. You can't have the Eagles without Henley and no one disputes that. Others, there's a lot of back and forth and differing opinions, and while I would be horrified if Joe or Timothy left, there's also the fact that the Eagles enjoyed success before they joined. To me, this is why Glenn and Don make more, and Felder must have assumed they'd keep him on no matter how irritating he became. He was wrong. Whether they are 'less' without him can be debated, but the fact they have been successful without him cannot.

Lastly, it was made public and so discussed what the shares were when they reunited. They are very private with the information, and none of us know what the agreement may be now. To be honest, I don't feel it's any of our business. I have a lot of respect for all of them, and what they decide is fine with me as long as they all agree on it. To reduce the conversation about them to 'salaries' is somewhat insulting to all of them in my mind.
Agreed.

There is no way that after the original decision was made to give Frey & Henley more than the others, at a later date Henley would suddenly start receiving more. Frey would not have agreed to it. But once again, reducing it to that ... what VA said.