The book arrived on my Kindle overnight and I've read the Eagles chapters. There's little that you don't already know and his writing style doesn't bring it life. I prefer his interviews when promoting the book.

What I learned:

- he was won over when they sang "Most of Us Are Sad". He says they continued to work together through the afternoon and he realised they were better musically than he'd originally thought. He felt incompetent for not spotting their potential earlier.

- there was an unpleasant situation about the recording of Nightingale. Part of this was Johns being stubborn and not liking Geffen telling him what to do. I thought Johns came across badly in this and the band were stuck in the middle.

- he thinks Desperado suffered because Geffen didn't give it as much attention as the first album.

- he saw cracks in the band with Desperado and these were much bigger for On the Border. He tried to heal these by encouraging greater equality. Glenn didn't like being told to give the others more of a chance.

- they didn't have many songs ready for On the Border. When the recording sessions were halted, Johns thought it was just to give them time to write some songs.

- Johns thinks they were right to go with a different producer, although he likes the work they did with him better.