Thread: Madison Square Garden, New York, NY - 9/13/2014

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Madison Square Garden, New York, NY - 9/13/2014

Great show last night! My wife and I sat 4th row center in front of TBS. It was the first time in many years I did not bring or use a camera. I must admit the lack of hands up holding glowing objects was a pleasant respite from the usual crowds nowadays. The crowd in my section seemed to definitely get the message to keep electronics off. We sat next to a couple who was obviously loaded and wanted to make friends with everyone- fine for pre show but during the show is not the time to be kibitzing. At times they were a little annoying but we did not let them affect our night. The guy showed me a setlist which indicated "Hotel California" to be the opening song- that's all I needed to know about those two. I saw Glenn take a pill or something right before he sat down on the amp box to start the show. He seemed to have a few sniffles at the beginning but sounded great during the show. These guys have a lot of stamina- they played back to back nights and brought the energy and enthusiasm last night.

I saw Bernie flip his pick into the crowd at the end of the first set- I think a person in the front row caught it. Also saw TBS give 2 picks to security to give to a couple of fans.

I think the importance of JW's contributions cannot be overstated. WIth Joe they can play legitimate rock and roll tunes and change the mood of the audience quickly- I would like ot see one of his songs in the first set to bring up the tempo a little. I could watch him play guitar for hours. Simply superb.

The band seemed to be enjoying themselves throughout the show; before "The Long Run", Don mentioned the song was about perseverance: something NYC should know about- referring of course to 9/11.

As the show neared its conclusion I tried to get by the annoying couple to get up front in search of a pick; the dopey guy told me they still had to play "Life in the Fast Lane"- which they had played several songs prior. He was sorry he missed it! Haha! Have another drink!

Anyways after the show, and asking many roadies, one guy ( maybe a tour manager or someone like that) was removing the remainder of Glenn's picks from the mic stand. I asked for one and he threw it to me. So now I have 3 Glenn Picks, one TBS pick. Still need a JW and a pair of DH drumsticks would be great- but that's a "high class problem" I can live with.
    We are going Thursday ( front row dead center seats 8,9) cannot wait. May be the last time.
    Hope everyone had a great time. See you at the show-
    Boston Steve

PS- if you would like to check out pix from earlier in the tour (as well as other artists) check out my photobucket:

http://s99.photobucket.com/?postlogin=true

also -
    on my YT channel TIE- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0rb...c4BiBZcC5dJHUg
    Last edited by boston steve; 09-14-2014 at 12:54 PM.