Page 24 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: This or That: Eagles

Default Re: This or That: Eagles

I'm going to go with Timothy's hair from the HFO era. I love all the guys hair from that era even Joe's.

Don's hair in the HFO is always my favorite. He just had such perfect hair during that era.

Don's rocking songs: I will Not Go Quietly(from EOI) or Nobody Else In The World But You(from IJ)

Stuck on the Border

Nobody Else In The World But You because of the presence of Glenn & Stevie Wonder. IWNGQ 'tries too hard' in my opinion.

I thought the 'Miami' joke may have had something to do with the introduction to the Millennium version of Please Come Home For Christmas? He says they were recording in Miami with all the sunshine & they missed home in California.... with all the sunshine. But he does remember Miami there. I do think it's a good idea when playing this game to keep the clues fairly specific.

----------------------------------------

Glenn doing 'travel' songs: Sea Cruise or Route 66?

I didn't know Glenn was singing backup on that song too. I just found out about Stevie a few weeks ago. I do remember Don saying that line in the Millenium concert CD.

I'm going to say Route 66.

Songs from After Hours: For Sentimental Reasons or Here's To Life

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I thought the 'Miami' joke may have had something to do with the introduction to the Millennium version of Please Come Home For Christmas? He says they were recording in Miami with all the sunshine & they missed home in California....

I thought the Miami joke referred to Don's introduction in the HOTE concert when he's talking about The Long Run and the fact that they were all so 'high' and 'out of it', (though he doesn't actually say that specifically) - that they don't remember much about it except to was A Long One. I'm open to corrections however...

I love Don's introduction to Please Come Home For Christmas, he's funny and his speaking voice is so sexy and I love him singing that song even out of season! He sounds so soulful in it
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I didn't know Glenn was singing backup on that song too. I just found out about Stevie a few weeks ago. I do remember Don saying that line in the Millenium concert CD.

I'm going to say Route 66.

Songs from After Hours: For Sentimental Reasons or Here's To Life
    I guess I should answer this.

Here's To Life is my favourite track from After Hours.

---------------------------------

Parachute or Friday Night?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    I thought the Miami joke referred to Don's introduction in the HOTE concert when he's talking about The Long Run and the fact that they were all so 'high' and 'out of it', (though he doesn't actually say that specifically) - that they don't remember much about it except to was A Long One. I'm open to corrections however...

I love Don's introduction to Please Come Home For Christmas, he's funny and his speaking voice is so sexy and I love him singing that song even out of season! He sounds so soulful in it
    TLR had better enlighten us then, because I don't recall any Long Run era concert footage in HOTE when Don was speaking. If he is just reminiscing, that isn't a joke he told in concert.

Border Troubadour

Sorry for the confusion guys, at both gigs I attended in the UK Don came down for The Long Run and spent about 3 mins talking about how they went to Miami and recorded it before making a joke about how he was told all of this because he couldn't remember any of it owing to all the coke they did. I just assumed it had the same permanence as Glenn's plaintiff / Detroit / we did everything fast in 1975 jokes. My apologies!

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Sorry for the confusion guys, at both gigs I attended in the UK Don came down for The Long Run and spent about 3 mins talking about how they went to Miami and recorded it before making a joke about how he was told all of this because he couldn't remember any of it owing to all the coke they did. I just assumed it had the same permanence as Glenn's plaintiff / Detroit / we did everything fast in 1975 jokes. My apologies!
    Sorry for creating all the confusion with my questions - I can't even remember if he said any of that at the Dublin concert that I went to ... Maybe I have a touch of the Miami's (was too busy looking at Don to remember anything lol)

Anyway, found this link from the 02 London concert where he is telling the story. Picture is bad but the sound is good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The best of my love or One of these nights ?

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Lacken101 View Post
    Sorry for creating all the confusion with my questions - I can't even remember if he said any of that at the Dublin concert that I went to ... Maybe I have a touch of the Miami's (was too busy looking at Don to remember anything lol)

Anyway, found this link from the 02 London concert where he is telling the story. Picture is bad but the sound is good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The best of my love or One of these nights ?
    Aye, the 'that's what they told me' was the line I meant. I love the person who does attempt to sing along, gets the first two lines wrong and gives up

Anyway, Best of My Love

--------------------

Earlybird or Train Leaves Here This Morning?

Stuck on the Border

Train Leaves Here This Morning

I will repeat my question which nobody answered:

Parachute or Friday Night?