Quote Originally Posted by Victim of Love View Post
From Rolling Stone Magazine:

"Ireland’s people should never be embarrassed. Most loving people on earth," Brooks said. "If the prime minister himself wants to talk to me, I will craw, I will swim… I will drop on my knees and beg for those 400,000 people to have fun and come sing.

"If anyone on the planet is sad about [the cancellations], you're not one-billionth as sad as I am."
To me, this is the key statement Brooks has made regarding this mess. It sounds like HE is more than willing to see these shows come to fruition but I wonder where his promoters/handlers stand. I don't dispute that revenues factor in for anyone who takes a big production on the road, especially to another country, but I believe he IS thinking of the fans as well. Garth has said repeatedly thru the years he knows his success wouldn't have been possible without the fans and I can't fathom that any entertainer attempting to make a comeback after ten years would want something like this hanging over their head. Garth himself has offered the olive branch so I think the situation warrants being monitored. I think delaying starting the ticket refund process may have been as much about a possible resolution as it was about ramping up for the volume of transactions. I don't think it's completely dead in the water just yet. There is entirely too much at stake for everyone concerned.