Page 47 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Favorite TV Shows

That's who your avatar photo is - John Ritter! I had been looking and thinking: I've seen that guy before.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I loved John Ritter. "Three's Company" is one of my Dad top favorite comedies so I grew up watching reruns with him. Plus John showed up on "Buffy" in a great episode, and he played Scott Speedman's dad on "Felicity". I'm also of fan of both his sons Jason and Tyler, and they're both really good actors too.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I'm familiar with Jason but didn't know about Tyler. He also had a cute red-headed little girl with his second wife, but I don't know if she's an actress.

You're too young to remember this, but John had a series in the - late 80s I think it was - called Hooperman that I enjoyed. His co-star was an adorable little Jack Russell terrier.

My favorite current show, American Ninja Warrior, ended its season last night with no winner. They made the obstacle courses ridiculously hard, probably impossible to win.

My favorite contestant on said show, Grant McCartney

I didn't know about John's other show. I love dogs and Jack Russells always makes me think of Eddie on "Frasier" and Uggie from the films "The Artist" and "Water for Elephants". I would've loved to watch it.

Tyler was in a comedy show two years ago called "The McCarthys" about a Irish-American family but it got cancelled after one season for low ratings. Now he'll be debuting in a couple weeks on "Arrow", part of the CW's superhero shows I watch, as a cop and could appear on the others as well since they're all connected and he'll be recurring.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Look how cute he was, oh my goodness. Mr. Ritter was a handsome guy too.

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Recently saw him in the movie "Sling Blade," which as a movie was a bit much for me. First knew John Ritter as the voice of Clifford the Big Red Dog, which was right up there with Winnie the Pooh as my favourite cartoon character from childhood.

Sunday, in addition to marking 15 years since 9/11, marked the 13th anniversary of Ritter's passing. I was 9 years old at that time, and learning that Clifford had died absolutely flattened me. I still hate that he's gone.

All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I'm familiar with Jason but didn't know about Tyler. He also had a cute red-headed little girl with his second wife, but I don't know if she's an actress.

You're too young to remember this, but John had a series in the - late 80s I think it was - called Hooperman that I enjoyed. His co-star was an adorable little Jack Russell terrier.

My favorite current show, American Ninja Warrior, ended its season last night with no winner. They made the obstacle courses ridiculously hard, probably impossible to win.

My favorite contestant on said show, Grant McCartney
    I've been watching ANW, too. So disappointed to end the season without a winner!

John Ritter. So special. Loved him, too.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

I totally agree NMB, and WS82C I totally forgot he was Clifford's voice!!! I loved those books so much as a kid and did watch the show, even went as Emily Elizabeth for Halloween and dressed my dog up as Clifford even though my dog was a girl. LOL It was so sad when he passed.
    ~*Amanda*~

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I grew up watching Clifford as well. I was nearly 8 when John Ritter passed. I was very sad when my told me that the man who voiced Clifford had died. I'd never seen a photo of him before, so I thought he was an elderly man in his 70s or 80s. I continued to think this until I first saw Three's Company last year. I couldn't believe that John was that young! I agree that he was a handsome man.

As a side note, Kohl's department store is selling plush Clifford characters for charity. I bought a T-Bone one because he was my favorite character (English Bulldogs are the mascots of UGA, and I'm huge Bulldogs football team fan). I think I might also buy a Clifford one next time.

That sucks about ANW. I wasn't able to follow it that much this year, but I love the show.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

My favourite video when I was a child was Wallace & Gromit in The Wrong Trousers. I still love it now, as an animated film I don't think it's ever been surpassed. I always absolutely loved the train chase at the end and also the scene where Gromit hides in a dog food box. I like all the films, but I think that one was the absolute zenith. I also loved the original episodes of Thomas the Tank Engine (as told by a certain brother in law of Joe Walsh's!) and could go on for ages about all the toy engines and trains that I had as well as the books and videos... I've long thought that today's kids are kind of missing out with all the CGI animation that's around now - it looks impressive but somehow lacks the charm of all the old stop-motion and cell animation techniques.

Its funny because I was never crazy about the Disney films, with a couple of exceptions - my favourite by far was The Jungle Book. Of their classic characters, I have to say I think I always liked Donald Duck more than I liked Mickey Mouse. I was on a flight a couple of years ago where they had Disney cartoons playing and when the Donald ones were on I couldn't help but watch.