Page 31 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

Default Re: Favorite TV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I decided to take your advice. I just look away and fast forward all the violent scenes and ridiculously explicit sex scenes, and I can get through it (plus I get through it much more quickly - I'm already on Season 3 lol). Of course, I can't ff past all the "window dressing" nudity so I just have to deal with that.

I haven't heard of Penny Dreadful, but I don't have Showtime, so I guess it's just as well!

I'll be discontinuing HBO after this month, too. I don't need to spend $18 a month on a television channel when there are tickets to be bought!

I too have been thinking of cancelling HBO/Showtime all the same stuff over and over and over................Too expensive too.

I'm hoping it won't be long until we get a la cart television. We just pay for the channels we watch, and forget the rest. My kids are grown, so I don't need 25 channels of cartoons and Disney/Nickelodeon shows. Same with 80 channels of music. I would pay for HBO and Showtime if they were more affordable.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

well we don't do cable for the reason its too expensive and not what it was originally intended to be in the form we now have it

for now we are watching pawn stars .
    I really love the idea of sitting down and watching the show you want one after the other .
    Its too hard to sit to watch what I want to see when its on.

although,,,,i kinda like sponge bob square pants but only if a certain little boy is in the room singing and dancing along with it..lol

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    I love Blue Bloods. Tom Selleck plays an excellent police chief.
    ok tom selleck is a good "anything" in my opinion.
    and I love Donnie Walberg too

Anyone have one of those box things like Roku or the Amazon one? I'm curious to see what that's all about. One of the local PBS stations is using a refurbished Roku box as part of a pledge offer. I'm kind of tempted, even though I'm sure the new box is cheaper than the refurbished one, and it's the programing they're offering that I'm paying for.

Not sure about Roku, but we have Netflix and love it! We spend more time watching that than anything on DirecTV. They have a wide variety. Hulu is good too, especially if you are mostly interested in watching more current episodes. Netflix is only $8.00/month for us.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Really disappointed one of my favorite shows, Legit, was cancelled. Boardwalk Empire's last season is this year as well. Why is it shows I like get cancelled and garbage shows seem to go on forever ? Damn shame.

Quote Originally Posted by tjh532 View Post
    I'm hoping it won't be long until we get a la cart television. We just pay for the channels we watch, and forget the rest. My kids are grown, so I don't need 25 channels of cartoons and Disney/Nickelodeon shows. Same with 80 channels of music. I would pay for HBO and Showtime if they were more affordable.
    You would think by now some person, smarter than myself, would come up with ala cart TV......

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    Really disappointed one of my favorite shows, Legit, was cancelled. Boardwalk Empire's last season is this year as well. Why is it shows I like get cancelled and garbage shows seem to go on forever ? Damn shame.

Damn, I had no idea this was the last season!! I love this show, it not only is good to watch but does have some history.....

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    You would think by now some person, smarter than myself, would come up with ala cart TV......
    They are trying to get something like that going, but the cable companies have some very powerful lobbyists. It is something that would have to be done and regulated by the government. Because, you know, the government needs to control everything out there!