Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Least favourite Eagles song?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Least favourite Eagles song?

WalshFan88, I never got the impression that you were saying Joe was the sole reason for their success. But it is considerate to think of the possibility that someone was offended.

No offence taken here, Austin!

So I was listening to the Eagles LP because of its birthday week, and I also listened to "Get You in the Mood." I would like to add that B-side to this list! At least they had the sense to leave it off the album itself.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Some of the lyrics may be questionable but I would rather hear GYITM than Tryin', Earlybird or Nightingale, thanks.

I love Nightengale and Tryin...
    Get You In The Mood, hmmm not so much can't even dance to it.

Except for the questionable lyrics that FP mentions, I like GYITM.

Stuck on the Border

I like it, too. That's partly because it's an early Eagles song that I'd never heard but also because it's so different from their other work and it's in a style that I like. I even have a soft spot for the dodgy lyrics. It's an early appearance of a common theme in Glenn's songs - wanting a girl who loves someone else - except instead of trying to win her over with declarations of love and friendship he's promising to make her "feel so good". Before she knows it, he'll be telling her they could "Chug all night"! It may not be the most romantic approach but it has a certain youthful appeal.

Out on the Border ThePerfectBeast's Avatar

I just can't get on with "Hole in the World" , appreciate the sentiment and why it was recorded. I just don't know what it is, it just does not work for me.
    "The great unconscious urban masses , with narrow minds and spreading asses..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by ThePerfectBeast View Post
    I just can't get on with "Hole in the World" , appreciate the sentiment and why it was recorded. I just don't know what it is, it just does not work for me.
    I didn't remember that. I don't even think of it as an Eagles song. Sounds like a boy band. To me it's so disposable, lame and cold as a song that I'm tempted to go "so what?" when I hear about the hole in the world.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Oh, wow! Hole In the World is one of my favorites! I listen to it pretty often. It says all the things I wanted to say, and having the comfort of Eagles harmonies that no one else can reproduce makes it that much better. I know I've written on this board a few places about my feelings about that day, and for me, just about everything I believe in and stand for was attacked that day. My country, my religion, my way of life, and not in that order. There were a few songs written about that day and I like the ones I know about. Hearing our guys sing HITW helped the healing process for me. I'm not sure why, they just did, and I can't thank them enough for writing it and singing it.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.