Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Oscars

Default The Oscars

Is anyone else watching tonight? I'm watching the preshow now. Gosh, I wish I had dresses like some of these ladies... And that I had the body to pull them off! An occasion to wear them to would also be helpful.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: The Oscars

I'm watching, but I don't know why I'm really watching, possibly because there's nothing on PBS!

Yeah - no Sherlock, no Downton Abbey (except for some preview special).

Ellen DeGeneres is not impressing me with the comedy. Let's just get to the freaking awards please!

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I spent the past 8 years on the East Coast, and this is my 1st Oscar show back in CA and I'm totally thrown off by the time! It started at 5:30 here, ack! Good think I had it TIVO'd. I wanted to see Johnny Weir talk about the dresses but I couldn't find the Access Hollywood

Wow, how sad is this: of all the movies nominated for various awards, the only ones I've seen are American Hustle, Saving Mr. Banks (nominated for best score), Star Trek: Into Darkness, and Iron Man 3 (the last two were nominated for special effects). Unfortunately, I hated American Hustle. Therefore, I'm rooting for any other movie than that one to win!

Well, I did kind of hope Bradley Cooper would win because he's so hot.

Man, my childhood crush Harrison Ford sounded like he was hitting the bottle before the show. What's happened to Han?

The lady singing was sweet, but went on a bit long. Still, the movie 20 Feet from Stardom sounds interesting for music fans like us.

Brangelina is still a thing?

Anything with Liza Minelli is unfunny. Leave her alone Ellen!

The selfie thing was funny because of all the younger stars running to be a part of it. Meanwhile the Hollywood stars born before 1970 are like "what's a selfie?" Lol

U2! I will always love you!

ETA: Benedict Cumberbatch! I will always love you too!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yeah - no Sherlock, no Downton Abbey (except for some preview special).

Ellen DeGeneres is not impressing me with the comedy. Let's just get to the freaking awards please!
    I totally agree Soda! What WAS that bit with Liza Minelli?? And I just saw her say on Nightline that she doesn't do comedy that makes fun of someone to hurt them.

And I've been watching the whole show and I've been what's going on?!

I had no idea there was also a director named Steve McQueen. A bit jarring when his name was called.

Anyway, congrats to 12 Years a Slave!

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I am so immature that my favorite takeaway form the night was John Travolta butchering Idina Menzel's name (well, not butchering, he said a completely different name), and then reading the Tweets about it.

https://twitter.com/search?q=John%20Travolta&src=typd

I cannot stop laughing. One of my favorites is someone who said, "I want to put my name through the John Travolta name generator." And then somebody made a twitter account from Adele Dazeem (which is the name he said) and she refers to him as Travis Jarvolta. http://perezhilton.com/2014-03-03-ad....V2hFLQlg.dpbs

Super immature.

Border Desperado Brooklyn Roads's Avatar

Wow, how sad is this: of all the movies nominated for various awards, the only ones I've seen are American Hustle, Saving Mr. Banks (nominated for best score), Star Trek: Into Darkness, and Iron Man 3 (the last two were nominated for special effects). Unfortunately, I hated American Hustle. Therefore, I'm rooting for any other movie than that one to win!
    Don't feel so bad - I only saw "Gravity" and "12 Years a Slave" I was rooting for "12 Years a Slave," though. Wonderful and heartbreaking movie, but so thankful he survived to tell his story!

"Gravity" was also really worthy of Best Picture; but "12 Years a Slave" really just blew my socks off!!

Man, my childhood crush Harrison Ford sounded like he was hitting the bottle before the show. What's happened to Han?
    Harrison Ford was also my childhood crush!! Still love him, but he does talk with a slur more lately, not sure what is up with that!

The lady singing was sweet, but went on a bit long. Still, the movie 20 Feet from Stardom sounds interesting for music fans like us.
    The lady singing was the wonderful Darlene Love