Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting Back to The Eagles

Default Re: Getting Back to The Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    The most recent passion I have though, although I have been a fan for a long time, is David Bowie.
    Big fan of Bowie's music. Especially Ziggy though Diamond Dogs. Maybe I'll find/start his thread.

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Here is a confession; I am a lot less obsessed with the Eagles than I was. I don't listen to them that often (although I have to keep myself away from Glenn's After Hours album).

People who know me on this board know about my passion for Dire Straits & Mark Knopfler. That never changes & neither does how I feel about the Beatles, Rolling Stones & Led Zeppelin. The most recent passion I have though, although I have been a fan for a long time, is David Bowie. He is a great songwriter. In fact my desktop wallpaper for the past three weeks has been him & not Glenn or the Eagles. I am also really enjoying Bryan Ferry, Genesis & Phil Collins a lot at the moment.
    wow this is actually a big revelation for me FP! I would never have guessed that. But definitely natural! and glad to hear it! die hard fans never die!

and yes the beatles the stones and led zeppelin are all bands I've obsessed about as well. I still love the beatles to this day, but I tired myself out on listening to and learning everything about them and seeing all their films from the ages of 12 til 15/16 and again in my early college years. and again my love revived when I saw Across the Universe.

and bowie...I went thru a big ziggy stardust phase...still adore him, but don't listen to that album on repeat like I used to. and love Labyrinth
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

My other obsession is Fleetwood Mac, and I've had that one since 1998 - over fifteen years ago. Once I'm into something, I don't lose the fervor easily.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten