I've realized there are obsessions (be they long or short-term). There are phases in which you take to liking certain things, consequently immersing yourself in whatever such "things" are.

Whenever someone asks me who my favorite band is (and has been for about five years), my answer is still The Eagles. From 2010 (when I decided to join this forum) up until probably a year and a half ago, I had to read every Eagles-related book, watch all live 70s Eagles footage on Youtube... I was obsessed. But after some time, I swapped my On the Border CD in my car with The Very Best of Jackson Browne and a s*** ton of Bela Fleck. I swapped my Eagles books for my (then growing) Kurt Vonnegut collection. There was a point where I stopped putting out the effort to listen to the Eagles...

Especially because I don't have my record player with me (that's how I like to listen to the Eagles. It's just better that way), I've lately been enthralled in Simon and Garfunkel (partially because I've watched Almost Famous about 10 times in the last year) and The Allman Brothers

What's interesting is the fact that I still ardently get excited when Take it to the Limit comes on the radio, I still visit the Eagles section at every single record store (even when I know I'm not going to find anything "new"), and of course, I still have my lovely poster of Joe Walsh hanging in my dorm.

My favorite Eagles album is Desperado. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I love the (supposed) collaboration amongst all of the members of the band, I love the concept, and Doolin Dalton/Desperado is just...incredible! Lately on Spotify, in between my clicks on Graceland and Buffy the Vampire Slayer's Once More With Feeling Soundtrack (yes, you now know my guilty pleasure), I'll put on Desperado, and I remember why I always say that The Eagles are my favorite band. How could I not??

In any case, I suppose the point in all of this is to say that I really don't think loving a band and their music is a [temporary] obsession (unless you're talking about Justin Bieber or whatever ) There is a reason why we listen to songs and revisit albums - the melodies and lyrics mesmerize us, and everyone knows what it means "to truly love some silly little piece of music, or some band, so much that it hurts." That's what music does to us; it is the cornerstone of or emotion.

That is all. Carry on.