Thread: New Orleans Arena, 2/23/14

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New Orleans Arena, 2/23/14

I couldn't find the thread for this so started a new one but please move if there is one already.

Review:
    http://www.nola.com/music/index.ssf/...ie_king_c.html

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2014...-in-glory.html

Default Re: Eagles at New Orleans Arena, 2/23/14

Mixed review IMO, but must say I burst out laughing when I read "In the pre-show announcements prior to the Eagles touching down at a full Smoothie King Center on Sunday, Feb. 23, twerking wasn’t specifically prohibited." Mr. Spero was very clever to nail that one...and the Atlanta crowd may be advised of THAT particular prohibition tonight! (Then again, you can't twerk if you have to remain seated!)

SSSSOOOO distressed to hear the boys are dealing with colds or whatever is causing the coughs & sniffles -- and yet they apparently soldiered on in true form! And with humor, to boot. I would expect nothing less of them.

Looking forward to more input/feedback on NOLO (and excited to hear about the Atlanta show).
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Aw, a real shame they're not feeling well. I can relate, I'm allergic to the dog my friends own and I really thought that once I left I'd start feeling better. I'm battling a cough, which tells me that bronchitis is trying to set in. My inhaler is malfunctioning and on a Monday, no one has time to answer the phone at my doctor's office. I'm so hoping I'm not coughing like a maniac on Friday night!

**Sigh**No twerking. I was planning on doing that at the next concert!!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Haha! Pretty good! No twerking? Who'd a thunk? Did you take the poll at the end about cell phones! Too funny!

Nice pics, too! I hope they get to feeling better soon!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

sorry to hear the guys are feeling under the weather but they still soar

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I'm so sorry too that the guys are under the weather. They were fine Friday. I hope they didn't catch anything in H-town but more importantly I hope they feel better soon!

Out on the Border

Default Re: New Orleans Arena, 2/23/14

I WENT TO THE CONCERT IN NEW ORLEANS LAST NIGHT AND LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. IN THE BEGINNING HENLEY DID MENTION THAT THERE WERE SOME BAND MEMBERS NOT FEELING WELL, AND I BELIEVE JOKINGLY BLAMED IT ON NEW ORLEANS HUMIDITY, AND IT WAS A HUMID ONE LAST NIGHT. NEVERTHELESS THEY PUT ON A GREAT SHOW!! IT STARTED A LITTLE SLOW AND THEN PICKED UP AS TIME WENT ON. THE ONLY NEGATIVE FOR ME WAS THAT I GOT STUCK AT INTERMISSION STANDING IN LINE FOR A T SHIRT AND MISSED THE BEGINNING OF JOE WALSH SINGING PRETTY MAIDS ALL IN A ROW. THAT IS MY VERY FAVORITE SONG THAT JW SINGS!! THE SECOND HALF OF THE CONCERT REALLY ROCKED ESPECIALLY BECAUSE OF JOE WALSH. THE EAGLES GOT JOE TO REHAB IN THE EIGHTIES AND JOE GOT ROCK TO THE EAGLES !!! THANK YOU EAGLES AND THANK YOU JOE!! BOY DO THEY ALL WORK WELL TOGETHER!! SORRY HENLEY AND FREY WEREN'T FEELING WELL BUT THEY WERE GREAT SPORTS AND PUT ON ONE HECK OF A SHOW!!! EAGLES ROCK!!! IT WAS AN EVENING THAT I DID NOT WANT TO END!!!!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: New Orleans Arena, 2/23/14

Soda, that was a fabulous review! I felt like I was there with you! Sounds like the crowd wasn't much fun, but glad you enjoyed yourself! Sounds like Don was feeling pretty good even if he did have bronchitis since he joked a lot. And very cool Glenntact!

nobaby, thanks for giving your thoughts too! I'm glad you had a good time and welcome to the Border!

Hopefully the guys are on the mend by now. They put on a great show for you even feeling icky!

ETA: Soda get your rest girl! That was quite a long night for you!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten