Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: BIG album news!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    As far as the songwriting credits, I think Steuart Smith is also credited on Do Something. In addition, I don't think we know for sure about the songwriting credits for The Long Road Out of Eden. I would be very surprised if Don has a lone credit. He almost always has a collaborator. Even if he wrote most of the words. I'm thinking it's probable that someone else assisted with the music and/or arrangement.
    I wasn't trying to guess co-writing credits. That would be way to hard. I was just guessing who sang what. Sorry about missing Smith but I was doing it from the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bomber
    "I Don't Want To Hear Anymore":Henley, because it sounds like a whiner
    I don't understand this comment, Don doesn't even like "whiners," just listen to Get Over It.
    Thank you Miss Ghost--I didn't understand Bomber's comment either.
    Just kidding girls... don't get upset now. I like Henley. He's a smart dude and he sings good. He just complains a lot.

I'm hesitant to guess about who does what because I imagine I'll be wrong more than I'm right!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'm just counting down the days...rather impatiently.

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    "I Don't Want To Hear Anymore":Henley, because it sounds like a whiner
    I don't understand this comment, Don doesn't even like "whiners," just listen to Get Over It.
    Thank you Miss Ghost--I didn't understand Bomber's comment either.
    Just kidding girls... don't get upset now. I like Henley. He's a smart dude and he sings good. He just complains a lot.
    I'm not upset, I just didn't understand the comment. I don't think he complains a lot, but he does speak up when he sees injustice. I think that's really something to admire.

I don't want to make a bad impression on everyone, I know I'm new, I don't want to come off as argumentative, it's just my opinion.

Stuck on the Border

I just get the impression from the Farewell 1 DVD and other interviews that Glenn likes the living the "fabulous life", golfing whenever you want, taking time off whenever you want, having fine wines, wearing fancy suits that shine, haha. Again just joking, not meant to offend.
    I thought I'd comment on this, and I know you didn't mean to offend. Although Glenn is a very wealthy man and does indeed play golf and wear expensive suits and drinks Dom Perignon regularly, you don't see him in all the gossip columns parading around. He's 'quietly rich'.

When he did write a song along these lines, Big Life from Strange Weather, he did insert a few hidden barbs about his own lifestyle (the references to Aspen, LA and Hawaii). But he said he was aiming the song at people like George Steinbrenner and Donald Trump.

This is where I shake my head and like everyone else, wonder who wrote this particular track.

I'm not upset, I just didn't understand the comment. I don't think he complains a lot, but he does speak up when he sees injustice. I think that's really something to admire.

I don't want to make a bad impression on everyone, I know I'm new, I don't want to come off as argumentative, it's just my opinion.
    It's OK, feel free to express your opinions even if you're new. I don't think you'll find anyone jumping down your throat.

Don's passion for helping others is indeed admirable.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts

It's OK, feel free to express your opinions even if you're new. I don't think you'll find anyone jumping down your throat.

Don's passion for helping others is indeed admirable.
    Soda's totally right, Miss Ghost. I don't think anyone here thinks any of the Eagles are perfect so debates and opinions are bound to happen.

Whining probably isn't the word best used to describe Don, anyway. He's opinionated and out-spoken about things he feels strongly about (and that's his right) and sometimes comes off as kind of a grump (I suppose at 60 years of age-that's also his right)-but whining isn't something he seems to take part in.

I'm standing by the fabulous Glenn comment, though!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I agree that this is a place where we should all feel free to express our opinions and have a good time regardless of how long you've been a member of the board. Even if we don't always agree, as long as everyone is respectful of one another, it's all good. I think The Bomber's comments were meant to be funny, and I got a good laugh from them. I appreciate a good sense of humor. Now, if someone seriously tries to diss Don, Glenn, Joe, or Timothy, I'd be all over them.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I'm not upset with you either, Bomber. We all have our own opinions and that is exactly the way it should be.

Don is a "smart dude" as you put it, and I don't think he complains any more than anyone--he is just able to put his to music so that they get heard.