Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: How Long

Every record store I've been to has the Eagles and Don but none of the other Eagles in stock.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Here's a review from Billboard:

"Comebacks are tricky business. An act must sound familiar enough not to alienate enduring fans, yet fresh enough to remain viable. The Eagles pull it off beautifully on the launch single from highly anticipated "Long Road out of Eden," their first album of all-new studio material in 28 years. "How Long" is a vintage gem culled from J.D. Souther's 1972 debut solo effort. (He had a hand in the Eagles classics "Best of My Love," "Heartache Tonight" and "New Kid in Town.") With clever, literate lines ("Like a bluebird with his heart removed, lonely as a train") and instantaneous singalong melody, the song is commanded by lead vocalists Don Henley and Glenn Frey, who deliver a signature sound as novel and warm as 30 years ago. Joe Walsh contributes a searing guitar solo, and Timothy B. Schmit's distinctive voice bolsters memorable Eagles harmonies. If it took this long for the band to create something this good, "How Long" was worth the wait. Already a Hot Shot debut at No. 44 at country radio and Most Added at AC, the Eagles' return proves to be more than a fond reminiscence. These guys are simply poised to soar all over again." —Deborah Evans Price

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/searc..._id=1003633783
    That is wonderful. Thanks for posting that Soda. It sums the song up beautifully.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Here's a review from Billboard:
    "These guys are simply poised to soar all over again."
    We knew that!

And OBTW, Maleah - Everytime I hear about your bomb story, I just cringe thinking of what could have happened. Not only could Walmart have been sued, they are damn lucky that they haven't been.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Nice reviews, it's good to see the Eagles get some credit from the critics! I remember that back in 1990 or so Rolling Stone ran a story on Henley and Frey and I thought "They've begun to see the light." Now this good review. I hope they're as excited about the new album.

Yes, it's refreshing to see some critics being positive. Soda has the Rolling Stone article for download here.

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/artic...ingstone90.htm

It's a very good interview.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

My favorite critic (hubby) cleaned out my car for me yesterday (yes, he's a doll!)and I just happened to have HL in my cd player and he gave it the !!! For him to say he really liked it is very unusual, even though he is a big fan, because he knows of my unbiased loyalty to the band and my certainty that they can do no wrong!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

That's the one, glenneaglesfan! Fun reading it again.

Oops, I've missed a bit in this thread! Maleah, first of all I just want to say how sorry I am to read that your employees put you through such stress, "asking" you to look for a bomb . Good grief! How can they expect employees, with no protection and no idea about bomb diffusing, to go and look for a bomb? And if you had found one, what would they have expected you to do? I'm shaking my head in disbelief.

As for the availability of Eagles and solo Eagles material, I've noticed within the last few months that Eagles product has increased in a couple of our local stores. However, finding solo Eagles material is like finding gold dust. I've had to order all the Glenn material I've managed to obtain so far, either from music stores up-country or on import, and I STILL haven't managed to obtain everything. I've been waiting months (since March) for one of the albums I ordered.

I've only seen one of Don's albums, and nothing of Tim or Joe. When I inquired at one of the music stores about the new album, nobody seemed to know what I was talking about. I reckon I need to go and work there, and show them how it's done. (my eyes are tired now from all the eye-rolling... )

Soda, I enjoyed that Billboard review of "How Long". I just wish The Eagles had a higher profile locally. It is such a sad state of affairs. Their DVDs seem to sell well, so I really don't understand it. No sign of the "How Long" video on our television stations (is there a "shaking head" emoticon?).

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah
    Oh my gosh..........you should SEE how many Eagles cd's we have in now! They're getting ready is all I can say! lol We have more cd's by the Eagles right now than we have of any other single artist. We have 3 rows! All Eagles! It's awesome!
    Very cool, Maleah! If you go to the German stores and look for the Eagles you can find 3 or 4 CDs.

Default Eagles cd's

Our local WalMart is stocking more Eagles cd's now, but the only solo albums available are by Don and Joe. Too bad WM doesn't realize what a gold mine they'd have if they did carry the solo work!
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.