Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: How Long

All the stores around here suck for music selection. I think Borders had the catalog set as well as Selected Works. I'm not even sure if Barnes and Noble had SW. I know trying to find the guys' solo work is like searching for the Holy Grail around here. A few months ago I found Glenn's Universal Masters Collection at a Best Buy and almost started jumping up and down. lol I didn't even have money with me at the time as we went in there to get my son's iPod fixed. Lucky for me it was Wonderful Son with me and he bought it for his Momma. I think he said something about enabling my addiction.

Aww that's too sweet of him! Yeah, we don't have any of Glenn's stuff...unfortunately! We don't even have Joe's or the James Gang. We usually carry 3-4 of Don's works though.

I bet you've never been prouder to be a Walmart employee, eh, Maleah? Does this make up for the time they made you search for a bomb?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Well.........I don't know if it quite makes up for THAT.........but I AM really excited about it. I keep reminding everyone that no matter what it is.......anything Eagles related is mine

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

That's too funny. Searching for a bomb????? Did you find it?

NO! lol Thank God we didn't. If you don't know the story by the way, we had a bomb threat called in to our store. They told us it was hidden in the mens clothing section. Our management made us go look for it

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah
    NO! lol Thank God we didn't. If you don't know the story by the way, we had a bomb threat called in to our store. They told us it was hidden in the mens clothing section. Our management made us go look for it
    Every time I hear that story, Maleah, I am just incredulous. I know everything turned out fine, but you NEVER should have been asked to do that, NEVER! I swear, that is a lawsuit just waiting to happen.

They told us afterwards, when they realized they actually had people that were discussing a lawsuit, that something like that would never work because they never actually TOLD us to go look for the bomb. They said they ASKED....which I still think isn't right. But really.......do you think if they asked over 100 people to go look for a bomb......that they really would? Idiots

Sorry.......I didn't meant to hijack this thread.....but this subject always gets me going

I'm the one that brought it up, Maleah! And I can understand why it gets you worked up! BTW you could still sue, they're wrong.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

At the Wal-Mart Supercenter I usually shop at in Dallas, I noticed on Tuesday they had all the Eagles cd and they had a little display and it had all of them. I also noticed the had Don's greatest hits and The End Of The Innocence. The Farmers Branch Wal-Mart which is close to where I live hardly carries any Eagles cds, just greatest hits vol. 2, Selected Works, and Hell Freezes Over if you can find them. The cd department is so disorganized and the employees there are pretty rude so I try not to shop at that location very often.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?