Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: How Long

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by The Bomber
    I'd like to be a Teen King but those damn age of consent laws keep slowin' me down.
    This is funny, Bomber. Those laws were around back in Glenn's Teen King days, but, apparently, enforcement was rather loose.

And OBTW, good to see that Rolling Stone seems to be warming up to the guys.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    SH, how nice that you saw the "How Long" video on television. I wish they would screen it locally. I can just imagine how amazing Glenn looks on the big screen in that video!
    Glenn looked great on the big screen. They all did.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Here's a review from Billboard:

"Comebacks are tricky business. An act must sound familiar enough not to alienate enduring fans, yet fresh enough to remain viable. The Eagles pull it off beautifully on the launch single from highly anticipated "Long Road out of Eden," their first album of all-new studio material in 28 years. "How Long" is a vintage gem culled from J.D. Souther's 1972 debut solo effort. (He had a hand in the Eagles classics "Best of My Love," "Heartache Tonight" and "New Kid in Town.") With clever, literate lines ("Like a bluebird with his heart removed, lonely as a train") and instantaneous singalong melody, the song is commanded by lead vocalists Don Henley and Glenn Frey, who deliver a signature sound as novel and warm as 30 years ago. Joe Walsh contributes a searing guitar solo, and Timothy B. Schmit's distinctive voice bolsters memorable Eagles harmonies. If it took this long for the band to create something this good, "How Long" was worth the wait. Already a Hot Shot debut at No. 44 at country radio and Most Added at AC, the Eagles' return proves to be more than a fond reminiscence. These guys are simply poised to soar all over again." —Deborah Evans Price

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/searc..._id=1003633783

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

THAT is a great review. Thanks for posting.

Great review. Thanks for sharing.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Is anyone else noticing their radio stations increasing Eagles' song play? My local classic rock stations seem to be playing more Eagles music lately. The best part is they're pulling out other album tracks than the ones they always play. A few nights ago I heard Already Gone and the night before last I heard James Dean! I'm lovin' this. lol

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

I cannot seem to track the song down on our radio stations but I do keep hearing it in stores. I heard it in our local Ace Hardware store yesterday

Oh my gosh..........you should SEE how many Eagles cd's we have in now! They're getting ready is all I can say! lol We have more cd's by the Eagles right now than we have of any other single artist. We have 3 rows! All Eagles! It's awesome!

My local Wallyworld had Selected Works the last time I was there. Blew my mind. They never have my music.

We've had Selected Works in stock for over a year now, but I think at the moment we have every single Eagles cd available!