Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: How Long

Yay - the video is now on YouTube, linked from the official band website!

I love it! I just hope we non-Americans can order the album soon.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

GEF, I wasted no time whatsoever in downloading the video this morning, as soon as I discovered it was on YouTube! I've had so much trouble trying to play it from the Yahoo Canada website. It played once and thereafter, it just refused. At least YouTube has taken me out of my misery now!

I echo your sentiments about us Non-Americans ordering the new album.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Default Loving the new release

Just jumping on the "band wagon" LOL
    The new song and video are great. Thank you so much for the caps! My computer is very slow so I don't get to see the video very well and the caps just made my day.
    How Long is very vintage sounding. I agree it is as if things have come full circle and am not disappointed that it is an older song. Like everyone else, I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the album. I'm planning to purchase the cd through the official site, can't resist the offer of a new T-shirt featuring our favorite guys!
    Very interesting speculations about who sings which song. I get the idea it's a "concept" album similar to the Desperado album because many of the song titles seem to echo similar themes ( #1, #4, #11, #16, #20, well, you get the picture). They all support environmental issues and the song titles seem to address that, even the title of the album, Long Road Out Of Eden. Anyone else get that feeling?
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

While I think there might be some related songs, I don't think this will be a concept album simply since these songs come from all over the place - different writers, different times... but who knows. Also keep in mind that this is not the final track list. Glenn said twenty songs so I imagine two of the titles are going to go to the way of the dodo! I wonder when we'll know the finalized track listing?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Even if the track list is not finalised, I am going to venture that this is not a concept album. Even if we just look at How Long, what does that have to do with an overall theme about the environment or war?

Who the hell cares, as long as the music's good.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I finally got around to burning a 'How Long' CD for my car. I listened to the song over and over again in the car today. The song has been stuck in my head all day long. I think it's gonna be one of those songs that I won't ever tire of. Even if the song is old, it still rocks. As you all have said, good music is good music no matter how old it is. I actually love the fact that they kind of pay tribute to J. D. Souther by making it their first single release from the album. And since the song isn't a Henley/Frey songwriting collaboration, I am thrilled about the shared vocals. Both Glenn and Don sound great on it. Just what I was hoping for - another sappy Eagles love song.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Bomber
    Who the hell cares, as long as the music's good.
    There's nothing more to say. BTW, welcome to The Border, Jack.

Actually I don't care overmuch if it's a concept album, it's just something to talk about as we wait.

Default Concept album

LOL, I totally agree, who cares as long as the music is good. I just thought it was interesting how some of the titles seemed to echo a theme. And it is certainly fun to speculate while we wait!
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.