Quote Originally Posted by steve_e_dee View Post
It's merely an observation, not a criticism. I've seen him in concert since his 1st solo tour of the early 80's and he just doesn't have the power to hit notes like he used. It happens... just ask Elton John, who has to sing in an entirely different key now.

Its obvious by your SN that you're quite the Frey fan. Your love of him may make you ignore those sort of things, which I completely understand (again, not a criticism). I'm just reviewing what I heard, and 30 years of seeing him live, or listening to his cd's just made me come to that conclusion. Perhaps I'll hear differently tomorrow night or next week when I see them again.

As for the "final shows", that was under the assumption the tour ends this year. I'll clarify by saying that when the tour finally does wrap up, I predict their final shows will be here in LA. Obviously I'd like the whole world to enjoy one more time.
I don't ignore vocal imperfections. They happen on occasion & I prefer not to dwell on them. I guess I should ask the other people who have been to these shows if they noticed any problems.

All I can say is it takes a lot of vocal power to sing songs like Caroline, No, Here's To Life & Same Girl. I have heard those songs sung perfectly. Perhaps I concentrate more on those songs these days than I do on Eagles songs.