Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Earlybirds DVD

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Default Re: Earlybirds DVD

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    I've been looking at the set list & trying to figure out if there is anything on it that I don't have. There is the odd song that I am not sure I have. T&H, maybe after you post some screen shots i'll be able to tell. I may have to go through all my DVDs to see if I can fid all the songs. What a chore!
    yes I wanna do this soon! maybe some tonight if I get a second wind. if not, hopefully sunday or monday.
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    That must be it. As Soda said, there are so many copies of these bootlegs out there and there are variations between them. All the more reason the guys should put out official versions.
    I agree! and although these versions don't really look too bad, you know they would remaster them for release like the '77 HotE bonus concert disc.

Border Troubadour

Have a new favourite Eagles moment. During the BBC show Glenn Frey introduces CKOF and it is so akin to how Joe Walsh would have done it. It might be nerves or he may have been a bit wasted / high but he says: '[the song is about] how he became an outlaw, or a guitar player, or whatever... So that's what this song's about' Love it

Stuck on the Border

I have an audio bootleg of a concert from late 1973, and Glenn rambles on between songs. Everything from getting laid in the back of a car to constipation. I wish I could make out more.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Have a new favourite Eagles moment. During the BBC show Glenn Frey introduces CKOF and it is so akin to how Joe Walsh would have done it. It might be nerves or he may have been a bit wasted / high but he says: '[the song is about] how he became an outlaw, or a guitar player, or whatever... So that's what this song's about' Love it
    oh yeah I always thought that was cute too!

Stuck on the Border

I don't see it that way at all. He's very focused in that part. It also doesn't remind me of Joe. I find it hard to believe he would have been 'on' anything when he was recording a TV show. The only part that does make me uneasy in this regard is the exchange with Bernie before Witchy Woman about Zelda Fitzgerald; 'she was weird, man' & then when he says 'Halloween ain't the summer'.

Pretty much the same when introducing CKOF on a show from Holland. Glenn talking about ' guy seeing a guitar in a window or a girl in a window', then looking at Randy and getting a fit of the giggles. The stage then goes dark whilst Randy is gearing himself up to sing the song and you hear Glenn's muffled giggles again, someone saying something like 'are you ready' and Randy replying 'oh it's coming'. Great to hear that banter/friendship.
    Also ....I was at the BBC recorded concert. Seems like a lifetime ago.

I love the cute moments like that. I'd much rather hear spontaneous rambling than the same old, same old.

Suze, I can only imagine how thrilling it must have been to see the BBC show firsthand!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I don't see it that way at all. He's very focused in that part. It also doesn't remind me of Joe. I find it hard to believe he would have been 'on' anything when he was recording a TV show. The only part that does make me uneasy in this regard is the exchange with Bernie before Witchy Woman about Zelda Fitzgerald; 'she was weird, man' & then when he says 'Halloween ain't the summer'.
    I wasn't saying it was like Joe per se, it was more the way he kind of mumbled it and seemed to give up slightly in the end. Neither did I say he was 'on' anything either, again he just gave a little bit of an impression; especially when he said the weird line. Might have all been for show though, I don't know. My apologies if the analogies offended you.

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Also ....I was at the BBC recorded concert. Seems like a lifetime ago.
    wow! amazing! how did you get to go to something like that? was it on sale like a regular concert?