Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: top 10 worst christmas songs

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Default top 10 worst christmas songs

Around our office , each person seems to have a top five list of the worst holiday songs. THis came about because the local radio stations started round the clock Christmas music at least a week prior to Thanksgiving.

So far, it seems to be :

1)The Christmas shoes song.( one of the ladies has been know to go running everytime it comes on the radio.Her logic is what does the Mom need new shoes to go dancing in lol she's dying)

2) Dominic the donkey

3) I want a Hippopotimis for xmas

4) The Little Drummer boy

5) I Saw Mommy kissing Santa Clause

I was just wondering what Christmas song gets on your nerves the most.

Default Re: top 10 worst christmas songs

I don't like "The Christmas Shoes" either. It's so cloying and emotionally manipulative. Plus, it's full of holes. If I'm dying, I want my son by my side, not off at some store spending his last dime on a pair of shoes I'll only be wearing in my coffin! Plus, you'd think the guy in the song would just give the kid the shoes instead of forcing him to beg. I still cry when I hear it, though, which just makes me madder, lol.

One of my least faves: "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer." Way to crap all over the Christmas spirit.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I don't like "The Christmas Shoes" either. It's so cloying and emotionally manipulative. Plus, it's full of holes. If I'm dying, I want my son by my side, not off at some store spending his last dime on a pair of shoes I'll only be wearing in my coffin! Plus, you'd think the guy in the song would just give the kid the shoes instead of forcing him to beg. I still cry when I hear it, though, which just makes me madder, lol.

One of my least faves: "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer." Way to crap all over the Christmas spirit.

Oh Sugar I forgot that one too . It just gets on my nerves.
    ANd I use to think she was crazy about the Christmas shoe song , lol but she agrees with everything you posted too.

Stuck on the Border

For me personally, I cannot relate to Winter Wonderland. Now nobody else on this board is going to say that, which is obviously fair enough. There really are not that many others I can say I dislike because quite simply, I haven't heard them.

Actually, lots of people on this board live in climates where they don't get snow, so they may understand what you mean, FP. Growing up in Southeast Texas, I always wished for snow at Christmastime (or any time). Sometimes we'd get a dusting... maybe a couple times a decade!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I've always liked Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer! I agree with the others mentioned, though, and I'm glad to finally meet someone else that gets annoyed by Little Drummer Boy.

Away In a Manger gets on my last nerve as well.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I'm not fond of The Twelve Days of Christmas...gets monotonous!!!...I remember having to sing it in chorus in school...and I'm thinking...oh enough already!!!

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I'm watching "SNL Christmas" & reading this thread & Will Ferrell just sang LITTLE DRUMMER BOY! I had to laugh - perfect timing!

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    I'm not fond of The Twelve Days of Christmas...gets monotonous!!!...I remember having to sing it in chorus in school...and I'm thinking...oh enough already!!!
    lol I forgot about that one too

I mean the shoe, hippo and donkey ones are really on the hit parade in our office sometimes I forget about the others

Border Troubadour

Top 10 worst Christmas songs? Can't I select them all instead? Apart from some of the mainstream rock ones I dislike almost all of them equally. Never been one for Christmas music.