Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Hell Freezes Over: Your Favourite Moments!

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: Hell Freezes Over: Your Favourite Moments!

Quote Originally Posted by bluefeather View Post
    I'm so young I hadn't heard anything about the Eagles before I started getting into old music. HC, Desperado and NKIT were the first songs I discovered and Don the first Eagle I learned the name of, then Glenn. I also knew there were two other(original) members. I didn't know Joe and Timothy existed before I watched HOTE.

just a young newcomer's opinion
    I'm so glad you shared your story! Interesting!

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Been a looooooong time since I watched it, but I recall Joe, Felder, Glenn and TBS all did a bit of jumping / bobbing up and down towards the end of The Last Resort; that was fun to watch.
    Going to have to go back and check out this part, thanks!

Like many others, my parents had the Eagles Greatest Hits cassette when I was about 7 or 8, and it has permanently been in my music collection, up to the present. I eventually figured out that Don Henley and Glenn Frey were in the Eagles, but didn't know any of the others, and never knew who sang which songs. I also owned Common Thread and End of the Innocence, and that was it as far as Eagles music. I am ashamed to admit I really disliked Smugglers Blues and the Heat is On when they were on the charts, I guess I was in high school. And then I saw HoTE. And met all of you guys! (Now that I "know" Glenn, I like his songs )

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Not that I'm aware of other than a few remarks that they weren't happy with some of the live versions. ITA with you about PEF - I love that version. Honestly, it's been so long since I heard them that I can't remember much about the other songs. PEF is definitely the one that stuck in my head.
    Was just listening to this tonight and I totally agree about PEF. Just a lovely, lovely version. Glenn's voice is gorgeous and the harmonies are beautiful. I cannot for the life of me understand why they left this off. One of my favorite songs of theirs anyway, and this is a wonderful arrangement of it. A shame it's not on the DVD.

of course Timothy's I Can't Tell You Why is a favorite part for me...

also I love the bit before they're going on stage Glenn says..."Gentlemen...good to be with you...hope I'm with you all night"...cracks me up every time I watch it!

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by bluefeather View Post
    I'm so young I hadn't heard anything about the Eagles before I started getting into old music. HC, Desperado and NKIT were the first songs I discovered and Don the first Eagle I learned the name of, then Glenn. I also knew there were two other(original) members. I didn't know Joe and Timothy existed before I watched HOTE.

just a young newcomer's opinion
    Thanks BlueFeather, that's the point I was trying to make (in my round about way!) that Don was the best known 'name' in general which was probably why they showcased him for the reunion.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

my pleasure DD and HB

I naturally agree with zelda about ICTYW and I like what Glenn says as well, I also love the part where Don forgets the words and Glenn howls in laughter

Song-wise - it's definitely "Get Over It" and "Take It Easy". That version of TIE may be my favorite. If we are counting the second night, definitely "Peaceful Easy Feeling" - I love that version.

Other moments I liked are the Day Tripper riff at the end of In The City. It's so cool! Only a guitar nerd like me could appreciate something so small.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Song-wise - it's definitely "Get Over It" and "Take It Easy". That version of TIE may be my favorite. If we are counting the second night, definitely "Peaceful Easy Feeling" - I love that version.

Other moments I liked are the Day Tripper riff at the end of In The City. It's so cool! Only a guitar nerd like me could appreciate something so small.

Not quite. As a Beatles fanatic I appreciated it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Not quite. As a Beatles fanatic I appreciated it as well.
    Glad to know I'm not the only one!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Border Troubadour

That a very sly reference to Imagine there WF?