Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: as an adult, when you need to find information, where is the first place you look?

Default Re: as an adult, when you need to find information, where is the first place you look

thank you all for helping me prove my point.

At my school, we get kids at all times of the school year for anywhere from 25-45-186 days depending on when the "commit their offense" and when the hearing is held for expulsion. As a result, we use an online curriculum and we teachers are there for instant feedback, help and facilitation. One teacher is throwing a HUGE fit about students looking up answers on google and bing instead of remembering 100+ pages of text for some random question.

I have no problem with kids binging answers to questions as they actually have to read the question/answers more than once and probably more than they would normally.

I asked her where she goes for answers and she shut up

now she wants to go back to teaching with a book. What that means is I will have more kids because my classes are mixed with any one of 15 different subjects/semesters and she will have pure classes. Oh well. I can do it and will still have better results than she will.

Default Re: as an adult, when you need to find information, where is the first place you look

Thank you.

I really feel it is a calling. I really don't care if my students remember every battle of the Civil War, just the effects of it. If they remember that someone believed in them despite why they end up in my classroom, then my job is done.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

google of course

thank you again! You all helped me prove my point!